1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Charity Begins At Home?the

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Does Charity Begins At Home?:hello:
    A few days from now, it is dad's thirteenth death anniversary. As I brood of my boyhood and adolescence, thought of dad is inescapable. In every aspect of day to day life during those young and my prime days, he did play a significant role that kept me on right track of discipline in whatever I did.

Today I felt my head charged and a slight dizzy feel as I strolled to the nearby Karpaga Vinayakar temple. My adjacent building domestic maid son Manikandan in school uniform rushed to me with his younger sisters Pooja & Kalavathi. Each of them handed me a hibiscus red and pink and a bunch of golden lily. They said softly not to proceed to temple on the opposite side as it was rush hour. With heavy thoughts loaded on my chest, I turned back toward home.

I thought of my age and the age of dad when he had expired. I am 79+. Dad was 99+. He was given to charities when he prospered after passing through great hardships.

Few years before, when late Dad's annual ceremony was in the offing, I was going to a nearby temple to handover a signed cheque as donation to arrange "annadhanam" on the day when dad's anniversary was due.

Enroute, I met my friend Srinivasan. When I told purpose of my outing, he commented. He said food for rich devotees to temple is not a good idea & would prefer donating & spending a day with effete old & aged and differently abled children (DAC) in an orphanage. I felt my pal Sri was right and i was in toto convinced that that must be the right thing to do.

I located a well managed orphanage and handed the donation cheque to them and day for feeding the inmates was decided.

After completing the annual ceremony of dad early, with spouse, son & daughter arrived at the orphanage CARRYING GIFTS & sweets by noon. Young children 'conducted" BHAJAN sang beautifully in praise of Lord and Godess. Spouse & i could see the endearing smile on the face of inmates. They applauded when our family too participated and sang and chant with them.

Returned home by evening. Felt a sort of vacuum in the night.
    When I began texting this essay, I was a tad unease. Now after texting this far, i feel once again the vigour to write more here.

Today i came across a video dealing with affluent distributing food in the city and an impassioned speech. Do every rich wish to follow him? I do.

Last minute of my dad narrated in the thread for which link:

Purport Of Dad' S Anniversary

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Below message in hindi related to the video link stated in my post above.

कौन कहता है कलयुग में भगवान नहीं, इस महापुरुष को देखिए, फिर आप खुद ही बोलेंगे। और सभी ग्रुपों में मैसेज करें जिनके पास पैसा है पर वह किसी को पानी तक नहीं पिला सकते, इनको देखकर अगर सद्बुद्धि आए तो कुछ हम सभी इनसे सीखे मरने के बाद कोई किसी का नहीं है लाखों-करोडो तुम्हारे यही पडे रहेंगे, सत कर्म ही साथ जाएंगे!