1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Does Anyone Give Vitamin D And Calcium To Your Kids? For Age 9-10

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by gknew, May 9, 2023.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you sir.
    Yes I agree. Magnesium definitely makes a role in vitamin D deficiency.

I am low in vitamin D since 2017. Taking high dose of D with k2 with magnesium. No changes yet. K2 is important to take with D. I did lots of research on D and learning myself how to increase it.

Same thing happening with my kid. I have to increase his D. He was indoors during covid summer time. Last year he was outside playing all over the summer but still value is very low. I will check his calcium and magnesium levels. Thanks for this point.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Totally agree sir. In the US, we have to be our own advocate if we have health issues..I am dealing with some chronic issues and thinking out of the box now.
    Sometimes our mind will be blank and we need another day of fresh eyes and mind to look into and ask for. That's why I posted here, to be honest.
    My mind is totally out and frustrated with back to back appointments with my chronic pain issues and my kids issues.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Yes, this has added vitamin D. I don’t know if it’s in Costco but all the grocery stores have it and you can also find the shelf-stable tetrapacks.

Thyagarajan and gknew like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I liked the way or style you phrased the predicament.
    Wish you all the best with better Perspectives to solve the issues you are facing with. Regards.
    God Bless.

gknew likes this.
  5. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thanks malstrom. I will check this out. Definitely need to have more intake for calcium and D. I was using whole milk all these years and his pediatrician told me to change it to 2% less fat milk. So my kid doesn't like it much and I have to force feed the milk.
    I will try this whole milk.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you sir

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Unless he is overweight you can give whole milk, but this brand has the same fortified calcium in 2% also.

gknew and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

this is so much true... as a parent,patient, we sometime got to think outside of doctors orders and see... and again there is mind set of patient too which makes us sound so funny..

gknew and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

Any whole milk got vitamin d in it.
    costco looks like they do have horizon organic in there, i just checked it online, but i know for sure sams only got this horizon organic...

gknew likes this.
  10. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Yeah he has some neurological condition and he is taking medications for 3 years now. He was so thin and underweight all these years. There was times I used to ask doctors how to increase his weight up to his age range.

Since he started this new medication, he gained weight and becomes overweight. Dr said it could be a side effect of the medicine, but we can't avoid the medicine too.

So he told me to avoid whole milk, cheese products etc. to avoid weight more weight gain.

Last edited: May 12, 2023
    Thyagarajan likes this.