1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Anyone Feel This Way?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Dreamer

Dreamer Silver IL'ite

Very natural and not abnormal at all. You're an introvert and so am I. There are many of us! It's one of the reasons I don't like living where I currently do because of many people in the house.

2. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

I am happy with my family and myself, home cooked food, aroma of ghee on top of hot rice and rasam alongwith some chips and a comedy show or something to talk.

I don't like parties because i feel beyond a point i dont have anything to talk, i dont use anything branded, so that department doesnt work either.

I have some close friends and i am ok to meet them now and then, without any fornal invitation.... For me getting dressed for an event or going out is boring and tiring.

Home is where the heart is and heart is where I reside.

Love
    Nandini

svpriya, gknew and anika987 like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

East or West Home is Best. Ok. Home is where heart is.ok. heart is where hearth is. Is it double ok? Couch potato not ok for all ages. Hyper active. Medium ok if it'
    s child or young ones .
    In my relatives circle one lady never used to mix up with others and distanced herself from all occasions. Her children too were deprived of being friendly with them now in her old age. I find her children criticise mother's attitude that made them connection less with their kin.
    Happy Holiday season and MMXXIII

svpriya and anika987 like this.
  4. nandinimithun

I do mingle with my relatives when there is a need but i dont do it overboard.

I let me kids mingle with relatives too. These days relatives themselves maintain a distance for various reasons.

anika987, Thyagarajan and svpriya like this.
  5. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

Yes me too the same...

anika987 and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. drdiva

drdiva Silver IL'ite

Sorry I am different..The way you describe yourself looks like it would be great being at home with yourself and less friends , less outings but I somehow enjoy going out, meeting new people, taking kids out and exploring. But I think no one is wrong or different. Its absolutely personal choice.

anika987, svpriya and shyamala1234 like this.
  7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

It is good to make kids mingle with relatives and friends. Otherwise they would left alone when they grow up and they cannot mix with people and miss a lot of fun too. Many times they observe parents. Need not one go overboard but should not become too introvert too.
    Syamala

8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

more so for mental development. After all children learn more by observing others. It helps even discriminate right and wrong, which to follow and which to ignore, avoiding bad association all by and by.

drdiva and anika987 like this.
  9. nandinimithun

Yes i do make my kids mingle with friends and family and i mingle myself too...

To an extent i make sure when kids meet at my place, that they dont watch tv, i play with them, board games and so on....

It is ok to be an introvert, and it is ok to be an extrovert too.... Sometimes situations teaches us lot of things.

anika987 and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Good replies.Thank you all : )

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    svpriya likes this.