1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Anyone Feel This Way?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Dec 23, 2022.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

This is the post which I edited..

I noticed something about me..I don’t seem to really enjoy parties,get togethers and small talks anymore..I only like to do my own thing whatever I like..

Infact if anyone invites for me a birthday party or some Occasions I feel so very drained out emotionally..

Even any functions I cook,celebrate with my family and maybe few delicacies I share with few neighbors..

It’s not that I dislike people but I never enjoyed it..

I only enjoy going out with my family for vacations and outings with a couple of my best friends back in India.

Even restaurants I prefer take outs rather than sit and eat there.

I stay very detached with people ofcourse not out of hatred but no mental energy for any relationships.

I feel so peaceful at home watching Netflix and some take out.Do some workouts and enjoy cooking.that's what I love

In this fast moving ambitious world..I feel different ..Don't know if this is normal or it's coz am getting older:)

Just wanted to see if am the only one or people like me exist:)

2. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

-

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Yes.. I do. :blush:

anika987 likes this.
  4. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

Welcome . me and my dh are becoming or almost become like that. infact we both almost have or know the script of the discussions. men - job, travel, traffic, politics or if in h1 Visa and green card. ladies. - shopping, cook and random relationship

it is not that i do not like to hear, but just i do not know the right word may be tired. he too. he takes me to pomona temple in new york and we just sit there for a long time or local park. i prefer my yoga classes more than parties.

svpriya and anika987 like this.
  5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

It is very normal for introvert people to feel mosly this way. Enjoy your life the way you prefer.

6. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

I originally posted an answer which I thought was of no help to you and deleted.

If your question is, I am an introvert, am I missing out on things. If you want to look at the bright side, Susan Cain might help you here with her take on introverts:

The power of introverts

If you want a more direct answer:
    I have realized that our life is defined by the connections and relationships we build. Not everyone is good at it and it is a hard skill to master. But the more better one is, the more equipped they are to live a rich life ( not monetary).

Its okay to not go to parties. This is a tough place to make new friends, particularly if you don't know anyone. People will stick to those whom they know already.

Birthday parties are another chore and I am with you there. This is more for the kids to feel special and for them to look at the pictures down the years and see how they were celebrated.

My overall thought is that it is an effort to make new relationships. It will take a bit of effort to get there after shunning it. But it is so worth it. We all have the need to socialize, no matter how much of a loner someone is. Coming to indusladies is sometimes to fill that void, from what I can see. To share something on our mind, to listen to what is on someone else's.

Don't give up on yourself. You are a worthy friend to someone. You can provide a shoulder to cry, share a laugh and feel the warmth even when nothing is said. Be open and warm to anyone you meet. Be on the look out to make someone special and brighten their day ( as cliched this might sound ). Someone will do the same for you and the happiness and joy will spread.

Force yourself to connect to someone, the next time you go out. Smile at the cashier. Get them a $2 chocolate and wish them Merry Christmas. Compliment on someone's dress which you find nice. What is the point of this life if no one knew that we existed and we did not enhance someone's life a slight bit than it was before.

I know you have shared kind words to me before. Its just you. You have to go out and do it in the real world. I promise you, it will give you happiness, boost your self esteem and give you the energy to live another day even in the face of any challenge.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
    svpriya, anika987 and shyamala1234 like this.
  7. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

It is always not possible to mix up with people you know and have been sociable with in the past but keeping a distance may create misunderstandings and complexity. Some may think you are turning introverted or have a superiority complex. Others may think you have an inferiority complex.

svpriya and anika987 like this.
  8. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

I am an introvert and feel like the exact same way. It feels like I wrote this post.

svpriya, messedup and anika987 like this.
  9. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

I agree with you. I know, some parties are boring. But if we avoid people all the time we feel very lonely....may not be right now, but later in life. I believe people are the most important part of life. I cannot imagine a life without people to share some things. A lot of relief we find and vice versa too. So, be open and warm to all you meet. We love our family but we need friends too. Otherwise life would be very drab.
    Syamala

10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I am an extrovert and my spouse wonder how I am able to drag shy persons too into long conversations and even introverts converted into liking hobnobbing.
    But there is nothing wrong at the moment in being an introvert but to get things done for you by way of suggestions come your way or assistance or succour you need to hv contacts. To some extent you must overcome tendency of being introvert as in the long run only a huge friend circle could keep you happy in numerous ways. Monotony should not creep in. Inhibitions are a drag for progression in career and in home front.
    Happy Holiday Season & MMXXIII.
    Regards.

svpriya, messedup and anika987 like this.