Does anyone feel electric shock by touching another person????

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by vivbass, Mar 14, 2008.

1. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Hi to all,:hiya
    i have a peculiar question...
    if some one touch my MIL then immly,v'll get sparks, or feel electric shock.....she is telling that the Earth connection(power to this house) is not given properly,but v all should have the same effect right,i donno y only my mil is having current in her body????:confused2::hide:
    waiting for all ur replies...

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Does anyone feels electric shock by touching another person????

No... that's not the real problem.
    It is usually happens because of static chargers in your body.
    If your body is very dry and wear silk/synthetic clothes, the body will get accumulated with static chargers.
    If they touch any metals, water, switchboard or any person they would get electric shock.
    This happens here in US during winter time as our body is very dry. This is our day today issues in winter.
    So I keep applying moisturizer and wear only cotton clothes.

To be on safer side its better that you get all the electric connections checked from an electrian.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Re: Does anyone feels electric shock by touching another person????

Vivbass,
    I agree with Punitha totally, first check with the electrician and do the same.

Even we experience those shocks, when the clothes are washed in the drier without adding the 'fabric softener' to the clothes while washing or fabric sheets are available in the market and use it while drying in the drier, to remove any static electricity.

sriniketan

4. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Vivbass,

We experience static shock during winters here in US. Whenever I touch the doorknobs or even another person, I feel the shock. During winters, the air is dry and our touch is more prone to static shocks than during summer when the air is humid.

1 person likes this.
  5. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

I too agree with puni

beleive me.......once i felt the same thing with me.........i was wearing silk sari..and if i touch that sari.i feel some current shock.........i was standing near Table fan.thats all

My DH says its due to Statci Energy in our body........

1 person likes this.
  6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear All,
    This winter I suffered a lot as I experienced this shock actually called as "Static Electricity". Once the mobile flew from my head coz of the shock. The door knobs, the window locks, anything in metal or steel would give me mild or a slight severe shock almost everyday and quite often. Let me see, if I get it this summer also, then it is a matter of concern.

1 person likes this.
  7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

I think Puni and Srinkek are right . Its also mostly thru clothes. See is you can reduce it . Also depend how you store these clothes. Instead of plastic containers you can try cotton bags etc. Hope this helps

8. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mals,
    Even in summer??? you might be having dry skin. Use some moisturizer
    One more :goodidea: try touching some metals often, instead of touching after a long gap. By this you will be discharging the chargers often and you won't get a static shock. I keep doing this.

One more funny thing is
    While shaking hand with somebody and getting shock. You could imagine our faces at that moment.Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh

9. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi to all,
    thanx for the info' but my mil wears only cotton nighties,also y only she is getting shock or if v touch v feel shock,...really i thought may be my mil is having some power:hide:,if she got upset,she'll do some bad things to me by using current,Big LaughBig Laugh:crazy
    luckily i posted this in IL got the clarificationbonk but this is the 1st time in my life iam feeling this shock....i never heard this b4 also....
    thanx to all once againBow

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Viv,

Well that is something unsual.

Sometimes when i remoeve my shirt, i can feel the current, but sometimes.

And if i go near the TV, my hair on the hands stand up.God knows the reason.

Maybe im charged up to write a new blog perhaps.Big LaughRegards.kamal