1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Aging increase Happiness

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Kamal
    Whom are you fooling saying you are a Senior Citizen? You are like Markandeya, not the controversial judge of the Supreme Court but the mythological youngster whom Lord Siva saved by kicking Yama out of sight. This youngster has been blessed to be Sixteen for ever! I know it is a bore to be a Sixteen forever and that way, you are a lot better. You are 50 forever! I saw you some five years back and if you remember, I sang to you then 'You are 50 going on 49!' You are one guy who has forgotten the use of a Forward gear in the vehicle called Life. You have been successfully driving it in the Reverse Gear!

In fact, I observe every action of yours in trying to understand how you are able to defy ageing. Your New Year photo with Harsha and your sweet daughter gave me some clue. You have linked your physical existence to your ageless Spirit! If Dr.Deepak Chopra, author of 'Ageless Body, Timeless Mind' had seen you, he would be citing you as an irrefutable example of his great theory.

We'll do all the growing old, Kamal, you just stay as you are, happy and effervescent as ever!
    Sri

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I don't know if ageing increases our sense of happiness or not, seeing you I will just say if you say so and accept it. I personally think it is just not ageing but how we have perceived the world and things and happenings around us that give us a better sense of what we are and what makes us happy. I am sure you will agree not all the people ageing are happy - I have to point out the beauty and the borox industry no Kamalji! So it is not just the ageing process but the person that is ageing and how that matters!

Age or not, I do have to say your jokes keep us happy and so I conclude we must be ageing well :biggrin2:

3. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, A great post as ever. I think one source of your happiness is that you share your happiness with others. By sharing, you are getting more happiness. We are lucky to receive some of that happiness which makes our life happy as well.

Great post for the nomination.

Jokes are great as usual.

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

These PYT's are all frivolous things, today they are after me, tomm after u. i am happy with the PYT who has been me for so many years.HAHA

Yes , if u dont have to work for yr living, and if u have a roof over yr head, i guess then they are happy.HAHA

REgards

kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gayatri,

Thank u for coming out with a FB at last. plese do come again, it makes the writer feel good, and what does it cost to post an FB.

Dont worry i will make u smile again tomm, with a post about the enveloppes given during weddings, a nice article from the Times of india today, and what happes when they are opened.HAHA

Regards

kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sy,

No one wants to get sick, if but the body takes it toll due to old age, at least we must have a good bank balance to go to good doctors, or get admitted to good hosptials, without going to government hospitals where it is hell, even though they are free.So money is a must for which a few sacrifices in younger age is necessary.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji sis,

yes i know how peoplular u are, even though i have not met you. When i reach yr age, i would want to be as lively as u, full of spirit. Balaji is a kind friend, i am honoured by his nomination.

Regards

kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vishwa,

i read yr post yest, on my mobile , an excellent one, and i will reply just now to it, for it is difficult for me to reply from the mobile, i need the keyboard to type,

Yes i am the same before and after, for i have no hankered for showing off things, like the phones and cars, or branded clothes, so there is no pressure on me, and i dont live to compete.So i am at ease, and live a simple and happy life.

thank u.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

Thanku for thekind words.Who can that be, who posted Sheryl on Facebook eh !

Yes u too remain young, as i observe , which is a good sign. physically we age, we cant stop it, but the main thing is the brain, how we keep it oiled, for it is the brain that makes us happy or sad.We worry too much for the children, for this one and that one, not realizing they are adults now, they wil learn to take care of themselves, let us worry about taking care of ourselves.

The young ones, need to work hard , and save money, rather than spend on those fancey gadjets. Their aim should be to be able to own a home as soon as possible, have good insurances and bank balance, and be financially sound, rather than be in debts.

only then can they have a carefree life, which u otherwise cannot, if u have banks breathing down yr neck, and also they must take care of their h ealth.

Me and rock? HAHA. Good one, kamala, thanks a ton for the encouragment, i need all of it.

Regards

kamal

10. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Good morning Kamalji,
    A very happy new year to you Sir.
    Another year has gone by and we are all wiser and happier (??????)
    Even I agree with you that I would not like to rewind my life to be younger. Imagine than I will have to study, prepare for exams, compete with my peers, hunt for job, cry over less marks, and the list goes on.............
    No sir, I am happy to be a middle aged women. And with the added advantage of not having any responsibility. It is like I have attained retirement age while earning itself. :ROFL:
    A very good post sir. I like Ms.Sheryl's writing style.
    As usual the jokes were very good Sir.