1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Abhi make you cry too?

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

If i know u are writing the serial then i will watch it for a few episodes.But i know they would want u to strectch it as it is done, and then i will stop.

I have never stopped my wife watching.She and me like news, thats all.She is better watching serials so she can leave me in peace to do my sudkoko.

The numbers one was good as was also the cereals and serials.You have a fertile brain Sri,and if u dont, i will have to harvest if for some good produce of Lakshmi.:2thumbsup:

thanks.Kamal

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    I was hoping that you would become a friend of mine and walk with me through fire and ice. I hoped that nothing would ever make you to leave me midway but I now have doubts about my expectations.
    How can you say that you'll stop watching my serial if they get prolonged?
    Is this Dosthi, Kamalji? Cant you suffer a long serial even for dosthi's sake?
    You have now killed my desire to write and produce a serial! Thank God!:mrgreen:
    Sri

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

I used to just like the Doordarshan style of the 80's where by they would just sanction 13 episodes, now serials are running for years together.In the serial "Kahani Ghar Ghar ki" the old lady Baa it seems is now 200 plus years in age.

Sir if u force me to watch yr serial beyond 13 epidsodes i will, but from the mental hospital.bcs i will be mad by then.So if u want a sane friend, limit it to 13, orther wise ur choice:)

Regards.kamal

4. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sr Sri,

Only you can pull off a subject like this!!!

Permission is not granted at home to watch any serials (for your information from me to hubby because he reaches home earlier than me and has to rustle up dinner:mrgreen: by the time I reach home), but my parents visit to us has led him to watch Arasi -- of all the serials.

I watch it at times only to have fun at all the characters and enjoy myself at the cost of disconcertment of my dear hubby. Though he agrees, he will not stop watching it - if this is not addiction then what is?

So like Sudha, I enjoy poking fun at the serial and you know who for his addiction.

Thank God I dont know Abhi.

PS: I have been reading through the posts of IL, but have not been replying actively in all threads. Also I want to give myself sometime before replying in your thread. Thanks for missing me.:)

5. Cheeniya

Dear Chitra
    Watching these serials, I have always wondered if women at home could be so cruel. But the way you poke fun at the innocent watchers of Arasi shows that it is quite likely and not fictional. You are another Arasi! How can you be so cruel!
    If I were there, I would have shared the agony of your hubby like Selvi does in the serial!:mrgreen:
    Sri

6. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Dear Sri sir

Hillarious & Apt post with latest updates of all soap opera's of TV specials seen.

Thanks for the thoughtful eyeopener for those serious viewers and we cannot expect them to switch off the TV or stay away from such serials.

Always better to watch some News channels or browse and share views with friends is our way of Life.

Great to see the vast replies to this thread and interactions.

Subbu

7. Cheeniya

Dear Subbu
    Thanks a lot for your kind views. Addiction to TV can be through serials or sports or News channels In my opinion , all forms of addiction are bad.
    The 24x7 News Channels keep telecasting muck most of the time. In the name of Breaking News, they pry into people's lives and because of their damned interference, innocent people suffer and criminals escape. At times, their presentation of some ghastly crime is so warped, the guilty start getting deified as in the case of Sanjay and Salman. How many lives have been lost in kidnapping cases because of this "Breaking News' madness!

These channels are just thriving on sensationalism! In any case, I dont see any necessity for updating oneself on the goings on in the country on a 24x7 basis! People gain greater knowledge by reading The Hindu or some such quality paper regularly. Watching these news channels on a continuous basis is a sheer waste of time. I know that many will disagree with me but this is my take on the 24x7 News channels. I can wait to read about the rape of a trbal woman in Bastar for a few hours. Instant information in detail of such an incident is neither going to improve my knowledge nor will help the victim in any way!
    Sri

8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

When we first got Tamil TV , I was fascinated by the vivid colors and the opportunity to see my motherland so started watching on e serial. I think it is Anandam. But as the story wound through with no logic, no story, no sense, absolutely nothing, I stopped watching it.
    The only program we watched was “ enge brahmanan” it was very refreshing. Of course it had a few kinks but as sensationalism is part of entertainment, we could excuse it.
    I too heard that the public would accost the character who played Abhi’s husband in Kolangal and treated him badly when he went shopping with his own wife J
    We now watch the music competitions; but even those are same with same participants in all channels and same judges with same biased views. Looks like pretty soon we will return to US - History, Discovery, and Public broadcasting channels.

9. Cheeniya

Dear Kamala
    My mother who lived up to a ripe age of 96 years and passed away a couple of years back was an avid TV watcher. Whenever the TV was available all to herself she would watch the Animal Planet or National Geographic. She always felt that animals behaved a lot more decently than humans and they all obeyed an unwritten code of law. She had nothing against serials which she always watched with a sense of resignation. But whenever my wife had to miss an episode or two, she would request my mum to watch it and tell her the story. My mum would carry it out implicitly and those were about the only time that she saw these serials with any interest!
    Sri

10. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

Cheeniya

Yes the serials always have a villi who tries to make the hero or heroines family cry. But from my personal experience people who are aged more than 40 especially ladies are addicted to these serials, I have saw it in one of my friends house, that aunty told her husband to wait till the atthi pookal serial is over to have lunch, the serial gets over by 2.30, think about a 55+ man waiting to have lunch at 2.30pm.
    I really hate to watch these serials..