1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Abhi make you cry too?

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear TDU
    Being a writer yourself, you should not let down a fellow writer like this! Poor Thols! He doesn't know if he is coming or going! He must be raking his brain about how to come out the mess and must be in the same frame of mind as Abhimanyu when he got caught in the Padmavyugam!

But I must give it to you that you were not too unkind to Thols by listing out only a handful of doubts! I have noticed that when the TV channels force a producer to end a serial on account of a falling TRP rating, all the characters in the story who might have paraded the serial like Rhodes of Collossus suddenly disappear, the villain becomes more genial than the hero and the serial ends!
    Sri

2. Cheeniya

Dear AC
    Thanks to TDU, this thread is becoming more interesting than a TV serial. Hope you are watching the proceedings! Happy viewing!
    Sri

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

If and when (!) I wake up tomorrow morning with swollen eyes and disheveled hair, you of all people Cheeniya, cannot blame it on my watching Kolangal or any other 'gal'...the reason for it will be You! Just before clicking my computer off, I glance at this Abhi and think, let me go through this 'quickly' ! Who was I kidding ! First mistake, I was thinking of handsome Abhishek B...and it turns out to be Abhi character from Kolangal :-(
    And for once Cheeniya sir...sorry, I was more impressed with the feedback this post of yours got than the post itself !!:tongue Sudha's replies brought both tears and cheers !! True, every coin has two sides and this mega Kolangal too seems to have done its good in some way. How true, people can forget their own tears by drowning in Abhi's tears...Not bad.
    And all those posts from TDU..:-D:-D Must say that TDU is wasting his time on research. He should join the Sut TV folks out there and we might be selling our serials abroad by now...What say TDU ! ....And Cheeniya, your retort to Hiranya Kasib was simply too hillarious :)))))))))))))))))))) I am still laughing and straining myself to laugh quietly....lest I disturb my sleeping folk !
    Well, all thanks to your American friend !!

L, Kamla

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sri,

Now i thought you were writing satire and the maladies of too much tv...looks like everybody here is watching abhi...and i look the odd man out....

But as sudha said, if it makes somebody forget thier problems...fine...

but what about those places where a saree/blouse:tongue/jewellery becomes a villain to the sleep of the man of the house:mrgreen:

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

A great dig at soaps.You could make a lovey story writer, u know for the soaps.:) Ever thought of that ?

I used to watch soaps and i got addicted. I was regular with " Ghar Ghar ki Kahani ", Sas bhi kabhi Bahu Thi" the bold and the beautiful" and a few others.

till i realised how these guys manipulate u after every 10 episodes, bringing in new characters, and if the actor is askign too much money, kill him or send him abroad,as i read in the papers.

So i sad, hell with the serials.Now instead i love solving Sudoko's, or reading, buit no serials for me.luckily my wife too dostn watch any.

Think it over Sri.Shaii i recomment yr name to some of my producer friends?Regards.kamal

6. Cheeniya

Dear Kamla
    Abhishek? I see. Hmmmm.
    Sorry if I disappointed you. But there is a consolation though. There is an Abhishek in Kolangal too. A stuffed up frog who utters his dialogues as if he is doing it in tandem with emptying his bowel!
    If my thread begets better replies than the leader post, the credit should go to me for inspiring them nah!
    TDU is a superman, the only one of his kind in IL! His feedbacks are not only fun but very informative too. I cant forget his posts in reply to my 'Wha's in a name?'
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear Shanthi
    I couldn't reply immediately as I was watching a serial and it took sometime for me to shake off my melancholy! :mrgreen:
    The expensive saree and jewellery shops playing villainy in a man's life is a good idea for a serial. Can make it a great comedy too.
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

Dear Kamalji
    At your age, you should be off cereals and not serials. You have induced your wife too to stop seeing them. Too bad Kamalji. What will the channels do now?
    And sudoku? I'm not surprised at all. 50 is the time when people get obssessed with figures and numbers!

I know you will resume your serial viewing in a couple of years. When you do, you can recommend me to any producer friend of yours! What's the point in penning a script when Kamalji wont be witnessing it?
    sri

9. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri Sir,

Serials have become the part and parcel of many people's life. My grandmother is an avid reader. But now due to her problem in her eyesight she prefers TV serials than to novels or story books. Though while reading too she sleeps with a book in her hand, she now has short naps itself inbetween the serials when the advertisements comes. Ha Ha Ha.

My FIL is also so addicted to serial. He allows none to switch the channel between 11.30 to 1.30 in the morning. The exception is only for cricket matches for he is a cricket fanatic. Also from 6pm to 10.pm it is his time and none can have the remote.

Though at our house we too watch some serials including Kolangal, we just make it a point that the kids should be in bed by 9.00 and so I have to take the kids to bed and my hubby will watch both Kolangal and NDTV and if something interesting happened that day he will tell me the story. If not every friday I watch it as Saturday is holiday for my daughter.

In the day time my son takes over and he prefers watching Chutti TV than any other or Songs. But with him around I am also addicted to cartoon serials in Chutti TV. :mrgreen:

10. Cheeniya

Dear Rajmi
    My mum who is 95 watches TV from 6.30 (Kasturi) to 10.30pm (Lakshmi). She remembers all the stories very well and if any of us misses an episode , she'll tell the story of that episode.
    My mil, though , not a channel-hopper feels comfortable only if the remote is in her custody. She has this morbid fear that someone might change the channel when she is watching her favourite programme and hence is her craze for the remote. When my grandchildren are around, she even hides the remote behind her vast expanse!
    My daughter is a videophile. She wont watch a movie on a TV channel but if someone gives her a DVD of the same movie, she'll watch it promptly. Says she cant stand the ads on TV channels. But as you all know, I watch TV only for the ads~
    Sri