1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Abhi make you cry too?

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sudha vandale adhirudille!
    You know what, dear Sudha? You have outlined the most sensible way to take these serials as a source of endless fun and family bonding. If your daughter wants to shoot down the producer with a view to ending Abhi's travails, support her with ammunition and logistics!

But in reality , here in India particularly in the middle class homes, they do get very seriously involved with Abhi, Lakshmi and the likes. Even my 82 year old Chithi makes unfair comparison of her 58 year old DIL with Abhi! How frustrating it can be to expect a 58 year old DIL to be like Abhi!

I am not surprised about your dear hubby too getting involved with Abhi! I lead the rest! :mrgreen:
    Sri

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

ha ha ha.....:rotfl

Dont remind me of my stay in India.....didn't i watch all this with my own eyes and ears.....even in bangalore, my people are so addicted to all this. And not to mention, if you know the reason why i was inIndia last month.... even on THOSE days , the serials were on.....i was on one side so upset and depressed that my father is no more ...and there goes my mom about the discussion of this and thatt serial and of course she added to my misery that my dad was also an ardent fan....and will he watch from wherever he is....and she finally made us put his photo next to the tv, so that he gets to watch it! :cry:
    Now dont i know how much this tv has been made into a reality.....but sometimes i felt it was a blessing in disguise, that it is keeping tham all so occupied that my mom is not getting time to think of my dad and miss him all the time!:bangcomp:

3. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

I do watch Tamil serials here, of course only recorded. I don't cry for Abhi in Kolangal since I know it is only a T.V serial, but I am amused to find out what the director has in store next. Obviously, he cannot allow his heroin to die and he is trying to extract the maximum pathos. Regarding the character Aadhi, I am sure by the end of the serial his B.P and the spectator's B.P all are going to end high. Again, I am amused at his shouting at the top of voice and twisting his faces to show his villany. I tend to think that he must be the son of the producer of the serial and the producer should have instructed the director Thiruselvam (none other than the character Tholkappian alias Thols) that Aadhi should not be hanged, but finish off Abhi character.

Watching the Aadhi character, I am reminded of this joke. It goes like this.
    Bhaktha Prahalada drama is going on. Last scene comes when Narasinha puts Hiranya Kasib on his lap to kill him. At that time a voice from spectators came ' Avanai inge kadasunga, naanga paarthukarom', since they were fed up of the acting by the man who came as Hiranya Kasib.:-D

Regards,

TDU

4. Cheeniya

Dear Sudha
    Having said all this, why are yousmashing that TV?:-D
    If TV can take our minds off our problems, I dont see any reason to despise it. Normally when there is pain somewhere in the body, I have seen some people managing it by inflicting greater pain elsewhere! Looking at the untold sufferings of Abhi does mitigate our own to a certain extent!
    sri

5. Cheeniya

Dear TDU
    That sounds almost like the synopsis of a thesis on Kolangal! A great analysis! The latest story that is doing the rounds in Chennai is that Thiruselvam has announced a Kg of gold to anyone who can help him to resolve the misery of Abhi through some viable route! But if you ask me, that Aadhi's father is the one who is really undergoing greater suffering than his daughter Abhi for having to be a spineless man for hundreds of episode. All of us know that just one slap from him to his dear wife in the penultimate episode would solve all problems!

By the way, the way you have spelt Hiranya Kasib makes him sound like a distant cousin of Auranzeb! That's the probelm of writing vernacular names in English!
    Sri

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

That was a nice article on the TV serials..... I also read the replies from various quarters.....

Fortunately or Unfortunately I dont see much of serials..... Also even if you miss out on 2/3 days you can catch up with it on the fourth day...

The most interesting part in todays serial i found is that every man has asecond wife or a girl friend or something and that girl will also love him knowing that he is married..... Similarly the FIL will be a good man and always the MIL is a bad character..... So Ladies are the villans in the families and all the ladies enjoy the show or get too involved...

Another trend which is emerging is gone are the days of heroes.... It is always heroines in the TV serials..... But when it comes to reality we dont want girl child...

What an height of double standards......

More over we are all bundle of sentimental fools and emotional idiots.... We get carried away with these serials knowing fully well it is not a reality.... and only in serials we behave so stupidly like carring 2 laks in a suitcase... in open.. so that anybody can loot it..... Then we will cry for that...

How is it possible..... I dont understand....

But great industry now with big money....

Veda

7. Tamildownunder

Dear Cheeniya,

Oh, Thiruselvam is giving one Kg of gold? I have few ideas. if I were Thriuselvam, the story will go like this. Since, the police is after Thols, he will be shot at in an encounter. But, he will survive and will be brought to the same hospital (in Chennai there may be hundreds of hospitals) where Abhi is lying and in fact, he will be brought to the bed next to her. Thols will have convulsions and that will send shock waves to Abhi through telepathy and she will come out of the coma (remember the dialogue by the doctor pronouncing her brain as dead). The third surviving brother will take refuge with the honest inspector (Aaadhi's brother-in-law) who will produce him dramatically in the court and all will be well that ends well.

Regards,

TDU

P.S: I authorise you on my behalf to receive the Kg. of gold.

8. Cheeniya

Dear TDU
    That's a great solution to an interminable agony. You are a better story teller than Thols. The ending will be totally acceptable to all the viewers. On one side, the honest Inspector rushing to the Court with the Key Witness. On the other side, a slowly reviving Abhi first wriggling her toes, twitching eyebrows, tears slowly dripping out of the left eye (Thols is in the bed to the left of her)
    Oh what a climax! I can feel the bag of gold in my hands. A big thanks TDU
    Sri

9. Tamildownunder

Dear Cheeniya,

You seem to be an expert on this serial. I started watching half way through due to the influence of my sister and brother-in-law in Mumbai. Recently, both visited U.S. Thier daughter is in Princeton, New Jersy. Nowadays, in U.S. the cable operators are not giving the Sun T.V. So, they missed number of episodes. But, Sun T.V is given live in Internet by a number of Tamil sites and one site called London Video gives the recorded episodes which can be watched conveneinetly. I watch the recorded episode and if I can't stand Aadhi's antics, I can fast forward.:-D So, when I met them in New Jersy, the first thing they asked was about what is happening in Kolangal.

I have some nagging doubts about the serial. Firstly, Aadhi's mother always wears saree in marwari style, why?. Whereas her mother Bombay Gnanam wears normal way. Second, what has happened to that character who gets released from Kerala jail, misses his daughter who is kidnapped by Aadhi's men etc. I find him suddenly vanished into thin air. Thirdly, Aadhi's brother character who in fact revolts against him has also disappeared. Fourthly, the man who runs to the court and desparately tries to stop the murder of Saroja, is standing quitely when people accuse Thols for the murder. Fifth, it is a medical mystery how the bullet hitting the shoulder of Abhi has stopped her brain. The doctor says it is due to shock. I think people get heart attacks in shock and not brain attack.:-D

Regards,

TDU

10. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir
    It seems you're coming up with interesting topics by the time it takesme to shutdown my computer and log back in. since i dont have a clue about this topic i was going to pass but your topics are ofcourse irresistable; everyones posts here is so interesting to read and gives a little insight into the t.v. serial world.