1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does 6 months, make a difference?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

That was an interesting thought about the the Six Months Influence . I am not even six days old here, so just looking forward to see how Indus Ladies is going to affect me !

Re. language, I think its fine in informal settings to use "Indian English" or any of its sub varieties with regional words added . In fact its more lively and colourful ! So long as we have that useful suffix, "fy" we can invent a whole dictionary of enjoyable colloquial words !
    ( i just hope purists will not marofy me for defending such hybridization !)

2. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

True Srini,

Exposure to something for a considerable period influences you.

Be it accent,habits,mannerisms or whatnot -but your language is fine.

Not as you put it!

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

HAHA.Waht about ur association with me for more thn 2 years now.Have u now become more cheerful than before after reading my bogs eh !:rotfl

And i too have got addicted to IL, and to u all wonderful I Lites, and see i am so shy otherwise, but now i comment on u ladies's blog to .HAHA

Your English is much better than mine, so u have a few years still to bring it down to my level.Dont u worry on that:drowning:rotfl

Regards

kamal

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mindi,
    it feels 'homely' and closer when communicated with Tanglish..right! But my daughter understands and she even talks it pa.
    We are unique pa..nobody can copy us..how is that? :biglaugh

5. Sriniketan

Welcome TL.
    You are sure to enjoy your stay here, that's for sure..:thumbsup
    You are kalakkufying with this quote..true, nowadays if we listen to the youngsters...their dictionary is vast..:biglaugh

6. Sriniketan

Thank you Shakambari for these sweet words..hope I maintain the same mannerism, in the days/months/years to come! :thumbsup

7. Sriniketan

Somethings don't change that fast, Kamalji! just kidding! I am enjoying your blogs here, but couldn't give fb to all!
    . It is not my English that matters to me, It is for those who read or speak with me..:biglaugh
    One day I answered a repair guy in English, here comes my daughter telling me that, what if he thinks that you are illiterate..speak good ma:bonk
    Sure it will take a few more years to come UP to your level..not go DOWN to your level.

sriniketan

8. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

I also faced same problem when i came to mumbai after my marriage.. I dont know hindi, and talked with the maid in sign language.
    I learnt hindi from MY DH.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  9. Sriniketan

saikripa,
    Nice to know that you managed well in the beginning..and also very happy to learn that you learned Hindi through your dh..
    Do you have a style of your own in speaking it or following dh's style in communicating?

sriniketan