1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Docs/Interview Questions for Applying for Traveller's Visa..(Visa for Parents)

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Nila, Apr 5, 2005.

1. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Re: Docs/Interview Questions for applying Traveller's Visa ....(visa for Parents)

Subha

Though he needs it only for travel & not for visa, on the safer side its better have while appearing for visa. My mil had her NOC while appearing(she is working in TNEB)

All the best. Wish Kutty Sahana have so much fun with her thatha & paaty pretty soon.

Dhivya

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  2. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Docs/Interview Questions for applying Traveller's Visa ....(visa for Parents)

Dhivya,

Thanks for the information. I was looking for ur reply. I checked the forum, once i wake up this morning.

My mom is in chennai from karur(Hope u r familiar with this palce since u r from sri rangam) now to appear for the interview.

Pinky.

3. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Subha,

I think ur dad needs NOC for visa and travel. My DH's uncle who worked in EB gave NOC when he appeared for visa 2 yrs back at chennai consulate.

Howz sahana doing these days?

Tc..
    Pinky..

4. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Thank you Dhivya & Pinky...

Sahana was not feeling well a week before and she is slowly recovering now.... :-(

5. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

My parents have changed the house and it differs from the one in passport....Do they need to change the address in the passport ?

6. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Why no reply ???!!

7. ursnegithi

ursnegithi Senior IL'ite

Hi Shuba, How is Sahana now? Hope she is better now? Do let me know about her well being......

Now to answer your question....

I don't think your parents need to change the address on passport if its different from their current address. Just make sure they carry enough evidence to Consulate indicating their current residence.

Just to be sure, ask your parents to call the VFS/ Consulate office.

Hope the below links answers your questions.

Visitor Visa - Frequently Asked Questions for USA Visitors Visa
    Applying for US Visitor Visa: Change of address on Indian passport? - Yahoo! Answers

Sri

8. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Subha

They don't have change it passport as Sri said.

Even My mil had different address in passport, it wasn't a problem so don't worry & while u finish booking the appointment they will ask for the address to send the passport there u have to mention their current address. This is what we did for my mil.

Hope this helps. BTW sorry for this delay both myself & Aditi are sick that's y I wasn't able to login to IL.

Howz Sahana kutty doing? Is she still taking the medicine & Howz her intake?

TC
    Dhivya

9. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Thank you Sri & Divya....

Yeah! Sahana is doing better now....her paed asked me to change the formula....now giving soy milk. Thank you for the enquiry... :)

10. rekhat

rekhat New IL'ite

Re: ....(visa for Parents) please help

Hi Subha

I have been reading your posts for concerns related to filing of docs for visa for parents.A lot of information has been of great help as you have in detailed discussed this.
    My problem is different and depending on what can be done we have to take some crucial decisions
    i will tell you my concern -my husband came here on h1 visa april 2008 this year.and i joined him on june.now the main issue i am pregnant and my edd is april 13 2008.
    we want to bring his parents here for delivery.
    Issues
    1.DH is not completed one year here, if we want to file the visa by december this year,bank statement from april 08 only can be shown.
    USA Visitor Visa - Sponsor Documents on this website it asks for last one year.
    2.to be frank my dh has a monthly income of 3500 usd evry month and it says min 5000 usd has to be shown.will ONLY bringing my mil would have some releif on this.we are ready for that as well.he has come here through a consultant on a salary of 5000 usd but 1500 is deducted for tax and insurance and to his bank account only 3500 is transfered
    3.the reason both my fil and mil i am mentioning becoz my fil had a stroke in his brain last year and that has effected his speech.so we are assuming in case we do it for both my mil can answer all the questions during interview.i dont have much knowledge on the interview part just a assumption.BUT this we would consider only if we can afford to bring with the 1 and 2 concerns.if bringing one person with 3500 bank balance we are fine with that.
    4.for my fil sickness any links are available for how much amount of insurance has to be taken for him

we are fine with the documents on there side but the doc which my dh has to send are the concerns for us.Drowning

we are trying to file in dec becoz if by chance visa is rejected we can still re -apply again in march 2009 ,not have to wait for last hour.
    i am in a stuck suitation should i go back to india for delivery,can i stay here and manage things myself ( this is my first delivery).we still have to buy a car which we have been postponing for quiet a while.:(

i feel guilty for my baby ,i cant give the best....everybody back home wants a baby asap after marriage nobody thinks about the affordabilty!!!!

thanks in advance
    rekhat