1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Docs/Interview Questions for Applying for Traveller's Visa..(Visa for Parents)

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Nila, Apr 5, 2005.

1. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Re: Documents required for applying Traveller's Visa ....(visa for Parents)

Thank you & Welcome Ammu !!!

2. Rinu

Rinu New IL'ite

US Visitor Visa

Hi,

My parents have an appointment this month for Visitors visa to US. My father is 64 years old and he was working in a private concern and not getting any pensions now and property also in a dispute now. I think it is not good to show the document that is in dispute ??? He does not have much in his savings also. So Is it ok if he doesn' have any proof to show them from his side ?

Please anyone reply to me.

Thanks,
    Rinu.

3. padija

padija Senior IL'ite

Re: US Visitor Visa

dear rinu,

do you have any brothers or sisters?in that case your parents can tell the counslate people that they have to come back since they have other childrens here. moreover i don't think they will be asking for bank balance or anything, since your father is still working, its a plus, when my mom went for stamping, they didn't ask for any financial statments, though she took our house document with her they never asked for it.

4. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Hi rinu,

They have to show past six months bank statements.There is no need for any property documents.You send them a letter stating that you are sponsoring the whole trip(including their stay) so that they can show that as first proof.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  5. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I am planning to bring my Parents to US, My parents cannot speak English and are not aware of the formalities at the Consualte.They are currently in Mumbai.Can i ask them to apply for Visa thru chennai consulate. How should i go abt it?

Cheers
    vaidehi

6. libran23

libran23 Senior IL'ite

Hi Vaidehi,

There is no need of applying vis athru Chennai Consulate.
    Because when you go for visa.u can specify the language in which you wnat to give ur interview.
    They have separate window for Hindi,English,Gujarati.

So in my opinion you can get ur parents visa in mumbai itself.

Cheers

7. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Hi vaidehi,

Now the rules have changed.Mumbai residents can apply only through Mumbai consulate.Don't worry about the language problem.They have seperate interviews for people who don't know english.When i went for my visa,i saw seperate line for tamil, telugu people.Just go through the site link,

https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx

They have given the contact nos and email ids.You can directly contact them for your doubts.

Don't worry about the travel too.Elders are given due respect and they are treated with more kindness and are given first preference at all times.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  8. Rinu

Rinu New IL'ite

Girija,

Thanks for your Quick response. My Dad is not working now and also he is not getting any pension. I have two brothers,they are married and settled in India.

We are providing our documents as we are sponsoring for their trip. My concern is do they need to show any proof of docs from their side, saying that they will be returning back to India.

Thanks,
    Rinu.

9. Rinu

Rinu New IL'ite

Hi Vaidehi,

Your parents can attend interview in Mumbai itself. Even there they have seperate queue for Hindi,Marathi,Kannada etc..other than English. I will keep you posted if i come accross with any findings.

-Rinu.

10. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rinu,
    Usually an affidavit will be made showing the assets.This may include sumtotal of the salary,income from other sources,pension if any,bank balance,furniture,gold,immovable assets like land & property.This can be certified by a CA & later should get notarised.Another affidavit can be prepared stating that your parents have certain commitments in India & have to return back.This can be taking care of your aged grandparents(either from father's or mother's side),or if your brothers have small kids & if both your brother & SIL are working then it can be stated that your parents have to take care of their grandchildren until they are sent to daycare or school or since they have certain assets or property back in India they have to return etc.You can state any family responsiblity;but should re-assure that they will return back to India.

All the best!