1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Docs/Interview Questions for Applying for Traveller's Visa..(Visa for Parents)

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Nila, Apr 5, 2005.

1. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Re: Documents required for applying Traveller's Visa ....(visa for Parents)

Sample "Invitation Letter "

(Sponsor Name)
    (Sponsor Address & Phone nos.)​

To,
    (Your Parents name)
    (Address in India)

Sub: Invitation to visit USA

Dear Mother / Father / Parents,

I would like to invite you to the United States of America to stay with me for six months. It would be very nice to have you with me.

During your stay in the United States, I will bear all your responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial responsibilities, return air ticket fare to travel from INDIA to USA and back, travel expenses within USA, medical insurance, housing and food. You will stay with me in my apartment located at the above-mentioned address.

During your stay here, you will also enjoy the nice weather and the nice city I live in. We would have a nice time together after a long time. So, please begin planning for the trip. I am eagerly waiting for you to visit me.

Yours Lovingly,

(Sponsor Name & Signature)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  2. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Sample "Letter to Consulate"

(Sponsor Name)
    (Sponsor Address & Phone nos.)
    (Date) ​

To,
    American Consulate General, Chennai
    220 Anna Salai,
    Chennai - 600 006

Sub: Issuance of visitor’s visa to my mother

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, (Sponsor Name), working as a XXXXXX at XXXXXXX located at XXXXXX earn $$$$$ per year. I would like to invite my mother / Father / Parents (Name of the Parents), to visit the US to meet me and for tourism purpose. She will be staying with me at my home at the above-mentioned address for a period of 6 months.

During their/her/him stay in the United States, I will bear all responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial responsibilities, return air ticket fare to travel from INDIA to US and back, travel expense within the US, medical insurance, housing and food. I will personally make sure that she/he/they leave/s United States before the expiration of her authorized stay. I will also personally make sure that she will not become a public charge on the part of United States government.

So I respectfully request you to grant my mother’s visitor visa.

Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely,

(Sponsor Name & Signature)

1 person likes this.
  3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi SSubhasr,

Thanks alot....I appreciate your wonderful effort to help many.

I know being pregnant, you did a gr8 job for helping others..hats off..

Take care pa.Bye.

4. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Thank you Gokusha...

5. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Sample "Covering Letter"

To,
    American Consulate General, Chennai
    220 Anna Salai,
    Chennai - 600 006

From,
    (Parents' Name)
    (Parents Address in India)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Request for Visitor's visa to the United States

I/We (Parents' name) would like to request you to please grant me/us Visitor's Visa to visit the United States of America during this summer. I would definitely come back to India within the allowed tim eframe for the following reason

(In case only ur mother is coming)

(i) that my husband is in India.

(ii) (Bullet point your other reasons an dhighlight any main reasons u might have here)

Once again, I would like to humbly request you to consider my application and grant me visitor's visa.

Sincerely,

(Name & signature of the visitor)

6. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi

Some of the FAQs asked by one of our forum members and the answers :

Is it possible to pay Visa fee in online?
    To my knowledge, you cannot pay the visa fees online. Because, there is some agreement/contract between the HDFC bank & the Consulates. So you need to pay the fees in India only and that too in any HDFC bank.

After filling 156&157 in online do we need to take printout to send them?
    Yes. Before filling the 156 & 157 in online, you required to update the "Barcode - Receipt no." given by the HDFC bank. Then only you can proceed. After filling those forms you can either choose the option to send all the forms to a particular e-mail id (may be to your parents id, so that they can take the printout) or you can yourself take the print out and send it to your parents and your parents have to sign the forms.

Is 156&157 to be filled per each person or one per family?
    To my knowledge, you have an option in the online to fill the forms for a family....(hope you dont need to fill some of the fields in the form - not sure how to do it, as i din have the experience. We applied only for my MIL)

I think we need to send I-134 form each per one person.Am i right?
    Yes. You are correct. You need to send two I-134 forms for each person. Onemore thing for getting affidavit is - You can get the affidavit from the bank where your husband (the sponsor) is having an account. Guess they will charge u some 5$. But if you approach any private guy he will minimum charge you 20$.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  7. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Subha

Thank u so much for the list, we r planning to apply for my mil & her mom(Grandma) & ur list is very helpful.Bow. With the pregnancy u have provided a very useful info. Thank u for that.

I have couple of questions my mil is working in TNEB(TamilNadu Electricity Board), do u have any idea about the documents she needs to arrange from her side.

As far as I know she needs to get NOC for traveling but for appearing for the visa interview she needs Leave sanction letter from her higher official (Correct me If I am wrong).

We r planning a trip during April & if she gets her visa we have decided to bring her with us here.

Also for Grandma(DH's) she has wheezing, BP(not sure) what can we except for her.
    Sorry for so much questions. I really appreciate if anyone could :helpin this regard.

DSrini

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  8. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi dsrini

Regret for the delay...

To my knowledge, what you said is correct....if u want i will chekc in websites and tell you...
    give me some time.

9. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Subha
    BowBowfor ur reply. If u could collect(if its not a problem at all) the details, that would be really helpful. But only when u can(no hurry), coz I have gone thru' some web sites but still confused.

Thanks in advance.

DSrini

10. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Usha,

yeah! you r correct W2 form is enough....

But keep in mind that the person at the counter wont ask you for all the documents. your mom should present it, if that person ask for those documents. Its only forms 156,157,I-134, your hubby's passport xerox - including blank pages (36), your passport xerox in case your mom is coming, Invitation letter from your hubby are the only important documents which they will be asking.

Pl ask your mom/MIL not to mention about your pregnancy, because this might become a reason for rejection. You have people here to whom we can hire for these services and if we invite a person from India for this reason, then they wud think that it will affect their employment opportunity.