1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Docs/Interview Questions for Applying for Traveller's Visa..(Visa for Parents)

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Nila, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Re: Docs/Interview Questions for applying Traveller's Visa ....(visa for Parents)

Hi Rekhat,

From what I understand from your post, your husband's Gross monthly salary is $5K. If this is correct, then that is what should be mentioned in the documents. You can attach the last few pay stubs to support this. If doesn't matter what you get after tax etc...for this purpose your Gross salary is looked at.

About your FIL's insurance, I don't think he will be able to get any insurance easily, because his condition is pre-existing. If God forbid, something happens to him here or needs to go to a doc or hospital, the insurance company will not pay a single dollar because any visitor's insurance does NOT cover any pre-existing conditions. So please keep this in mind.

About the baby -most of us are pressurized by relatives to start having babies immediately after marriage...it is upto us as a couple to decide when to have one...

Do not feel bad about the baby...what is best for the baby is that he/she gets a loving home and a loving set of parents...I'm sure by next April, you would be able to afford a car (or at least a second hand one)...so just save up for that and other things...call your MIL or mother...

If you have any concerns about dealing with an infant, post your queries in the Pregnancy forum here and I'm sure a lot of people will be able to help you...

take care,
    Aarushi

2. rama345

rama345 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I found this site very helpful it is so nice of you guys that who posted all this information.
    I am due in early December.My grandma is planning to come during November,she doesn't have a visitor visa yet. can anybody please tell me is it required to make an appointment to go to the consulate in chennai? or is it possible to walk in, so that if anybody with an appointment doesn't showup she might get a chance to go for the interview. i don't see any appointment dates available until late October.
    Thanks in advance

3. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

Question regarding visitors visa

hi all! i am sponsoring my parents to visit US... my brother is also here (bachelor)... lot of people are saying that dont tell both the kids are in US( i mean to say that my brother is also in US) ... both my parents are govt. employees... so can anybody have this kind of experience and what to tell when they ask for how many kids and where do they stay.. thanks bye
    anoo

4. ashwini999

ashwini999 Senior IL'ite

inlaws visitor visa question

hi
    my inlaws got their visior visa stamped from chennai consulate, during the year 2006,and they got the visa
    for 10 yrs..they applied their visitor visa, with the reason of visiting my BIL for his masters graduation...but,because of some circumstances they never travelled with that visa to US,since then..
    they are planning to visit us in feb...
    can they still use that visa, or do they have to go for visitor visa stamping again.....
    my BIL has changed his status from F1 to H1 now..will that matter at the port of entry...when they visit with the existing B1 visitor visa,that was given with the reason of visiting US for graduation....

5. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Rekhat,

Sorry for the delayed response...Very busy with Sahana now-a-days. Guess u got the answer for your questions from Aarushi. My suggestion regarding insurance for pre-existing conditions is same what Aarushi said. We too faced the same problem when my MIL was here for my delivery. But she was not having pre-existing conditions. But still she got sick and we got to pay some 1200$ (after insurance) as hospital expenses (for scanning, x-ray, doctor consultations etc). But fortunately we had an option in the hospital to pay the bills in monthly instalments. And we also had some financial assistance from the hospital for the same. We mentioned to the hospital that my hubby is the only earning person in the family and with that we need run 2 families - one here (me my hubby & my baby) and one in India (my FIL, MIL and my hubby's aunt who is blind and wholly dependent on us). And the hospital authorities analysed and considered our case for financial assistance and finally said we dont need to pay anything. So far we didn't get any bills that are due for payment from the hospital. Only thing we need pay is the physician's bill - 150$. But i dont know how these people will treat the case with pre-existing conditions..... :-(

Thank you Aarushi :)

6. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies

Sorry I forgot to share the good news that my parents got their visitor's visa stamped for 10 years.....Though we have plans to go back to India for good, hopefully my parents can come here if we visit again by God's grace :) Thanks to all...... :)

7. dplatha

dplatha New IL'ite

Hi All,
    In USCIS website i found a new 134 form revised in Oct-08. It seems notary signature not required going forward. Can anyone confim?

Thanks,
    Latha

8. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi ,

Did anyone process visitor visa for ur relatives outside india ?
    as in : visitor visa for some one in UK ? if So , can you please tell me the documents and procedure for that ?
    Should the person go to India for stamping the US visa ? or is it ok to go to the US embassy in London to do that ?

Can someone please tell me any websites which has these info. i dont seem to find any from google.

9. sushmail.30

sushmail.30 Senior IL'ite

Hi Can some one let me know what should be the ending balance in the bank statements each month, so that one can prove that he/she can support both the parents visting here.

10. samba

samba Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    I'm 22 yrs old.I'm planning to visit US with my mother in next year march for my sisters delivery.within 5-51/2 months definitely return.Just to take care of her post delivery we need to go.But i read in this thread that one should not mention the delivery as a reason.so in what ways i can made them to believe my return?Do i get a visa now?Many said the visa issuance is very strict now and they are denying visa proposals.My mother can surely get,isint it?But what abt my case?can i get a tourist visa now?How can i convince them to issue the visa?