Do You Wear Make-up Everyday?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by MissH, Mar 9, 2020.

1. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

I never applied daily make up till I turned 40 just moisturizer. Now my face looks dull.so I apply moisturizer+foundation .some days it's mositurizer +face powder.

MissH likes this.
  2. MissH

MissH Bronze IL'ite

I’ve recently noticed that Mascara sure makes an impact!!

senorita2019 likes this.
  3. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Like everywhere in my routine, I look for optimization and roi.

I have realized, that one has to work with their strong points and minimize the negatives.
    South Asians, usually have great eyebrows, big eyes, and thick eyelashes. We have a head full of hair (frizzy or not doesn't matter).
    Depending on our schedule, investment, and 'optimization' of makeup process, one can decide where they want to invest- time and/or money.

E.G. one can add 'awesomeness' to already great eyebrows (by using various products available) and use a eyelash curlers, and eyeliner - this will accentuate the already 'pretty' eyes. One can add a lipstick to this, leave foundation out of routine.

One has to decide what works, in terms of time. At end of the day, makeup has to be taken out to skip breakouts.

Similar example, a spring time keratin treatment might work wonders.

I like to have keratin treatment, it is less expensive than straightening treatment. It is a great thing for frizzy, wavy hair, since it leaves the bounce in hair and still tames it. With the treatment, my air-dried hair looks great.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  4. MissH

MissH Bronze IL'ite

I like how you responded twice and with different inputs each time. :beer-toast1: I’ve heard not so good reviews about Keratin treatment but I think it varies based on hair type and condition.

5. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

yes, keratin treatment might not work for everyone- just any other thing. The example, is to point out that you invest once and then wash and go, for several months.

MissH likes this.
  6. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

I recently got revlon hair volumizer that come with brush and drier. Semi dry ur hair and use the brush along it dries and styles along. Boy it’s expensive, $59 it was. If u have bb&b or buy baby coupon u can get 20% off that.
    It saves lot of time in the morning. As little as 5-10 minutes to do the hair

MissH likes this.
  7. AmulB

AmulB Silver IL'ite

Keratin or Brazilian blow out also saves time in styling. U have to use sulphate free shampoo or keratin shampoo only to have longer results. If u use regular shampoo it will only wash away the product from ur hair. I have wavy hair and if I do it makes my hair smooth non frizzy for 3-4months or longer depending on how I take care.

8. ZenSojourner

ZenSojourner Silver IL'ite

NEVER. EVER. In 62 years. I HATE MAKEUP. My mother ragged on me about it one day, told me I looked like I was 30. To which I responded:

"I AM 30. Besides, you wouldn't LET me wear it when I was interested as a teenager."

Now I'm glad. I have saved thousands of dollars over the years, and a whole lot of time and energy.

Don't like my face? BUGGER OFF! LOL!

gorgeous23 likes this.
  9. Katwoman

Katwoman New IL'ite

I have a 2 minutes routine.. moisturize..bb cream..mascara and kajal (looks good on indian women). And I have a couple of shades of nude lipsticks that I dab on.. that's it