1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think sex is overrated?

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by shama146, Jul 13, 2013.

1. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

I remember now:
    A swami was joking that God created man such that the head was always the top (of the body) and sex (organs) came last down the order.. So a lot of importance was given to the head - intelligence and learning. And God's idea was we will take the cue and give least importance to sex.

However as things stand today it looks like Man walks upside down!!!

5 people like this.
  2. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

I agree with the subjective part, but I also think that asexual love can exist between two adults.... I think different people want different things from a relationship.

I disagree that we think things are overrated when we don't get them....I think it ties back to the subjective part, for some people it is a make or break thing in a relationship, and for some others it is an "important aspect" but just maybe there are other things that are equally important.

I always thought that a relationship couldn't survive on sex alone and when someone says overrated that is what I think. However, I know someone, a woman, who says that the only reason she is in the marriage is for the good sex, and her husband is a failure in every other department. She says that is the only time she is happy when she is with him and he says the same thing or else she cannot even have a decent conversation with him. Now, if someone said that about me, I would be pretty hurt.... But it clearly works for them.

GlobetrotterG and shama146 like this.
  3. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

I very much desire sex esp when i am in love with guy.Whatz life without passionate love and sex.Off course i am young lady.My views might change after 50!

2 people like this.
  4. loveforever

loveforever New IL'ite

Both are integral part of marriage life and will help to build ever lasting relationship. One without other will not complete the marriage. If both are in same page then it will be fine, But finding such relationship is difficult.

5. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

:bowdown:bowdown

6. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

Sex is a very basic and fundamental need ranking just after food. If food becomes scarce riots may break out and there can also be cannibalism as witnessed during famines.

Similarly the skewed sex-ratio has witnessed large scale kidnappings, trafficking in women and sex abuse/crimes.

I have heard that warriors (in ancient times) were starved of sex (by confining them to barracks) to make them ferocious and violent.... winning laurels for their kings,
    by conquering, raping, looting and killing. History is full of such instances.

Similarly I have heard that some rulers were deprived of their kingdoms by the British Raj, but were provided with women (among other things like wine) so that they lost the fighting or rebellious spirit. And the wealthy indulged in harems.

And then we have all heard of honey traps as great security risks. All this because this fundamental basic instinct has not been satisfied in our existing system of marriage (a form of sex rationing) unlike food where we have it in plenty and in so much variety.

And not the least, every religious scripture has taken great pains to warn us
    in ever so many ways to be careful about sex.

So definitely sex plays a far more important role in human society, than we can imagine. So food and sex
    will naturally be rated high and should top life's priority list.

Ofcourse we are a civilized society; thank heavens for 'modern' times.

Nandita

7. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Op has gone missing. Mods can we lock the thread.
    Utterly provocative to suggest overrated, and then op goes missing. Hope the thread can be locked and n24 can still continue to post in her own thread which remains open to new posts

We all surrender to the underrated claims. Case shut closed. Show over. Lets go home now.

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  8. ushae

ushae Silver IL'ite

1) Is it man or human being. Women also have same

2) When man was created or evolved, he was not standing on two legs. He was like 4 leg animal. So no top or bottom

9. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

Dear ushae,

"Man" is a collective term and refers to humankind in general including both sexes.

Maybe (on hind sight) he should have continued to walk on all fours!!!

Nandita

10. bjsmumbai

bjsmumbai Silver IL'ite

IMO yes i think it is

GlobetrotterG likes this.