1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think sex is overrated?

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by shama146, Jul 13, 2013.

1. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

Steve, I think you are talking from a male perspective. I know for guys it is a basic need. And many women who feel like me doesn't belong to any group( the one which you mentioned above).
    Secondly it was only a question. Whether it hurts my hubby or not is something different. I simply asked it out of curiosity, as I felt I am a bit abnormal to feel like this.

2. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

Lovely topic.......

Well i'll just leave it at that...... He he he........

3 people like this.
  3. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

I understand. Some suggestions I made are to share a perspective and not to imply that they apply to you. Good luck,

1 person likes this.
  4. Jhilmill

Jhilmill Silver IL'ite

My opinion is sex like love can feel overrated to some or may be not. Basically everyone is different...in some people sex can be pain, torture, routine etc for some it could be good, sign of being loved etc and yes for some it can be like drug or passion leading to orgasm which feels like nirvana.

So if someone can really have that kind of sex with someone where you feel loved so deeply that you just feel top of the world they might not be able to call it overrated.

But basic fact is GOOD SEX with the one whom you not only love but have PHYSICAL COMPATIBILITY will definitely help you to relax mentally as well as physically.:thumbsup

5 people like this.
  5. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Not for each and every man.....

6. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

There is really no "need" for sex. If you can live a content, happy life, that is just fine.

Of course, if hubby wants it, and you love him, you make every effort to do sex and enjoy. Gotta learn how to push the stress of life away and live in the moment.

You are OK, I am OK, we are all OK

GlobetrotterG and chocogal26 like this.
  7. DadOfTwo

DadOfTwo Senior IL'ite

shama146,

I am not a she but I will attempt to answer your question. I am assuming that you are asking it in the context of a marriage.

No, sex is not overrated. In a marriage, it is as essential an ingredient as trust is. What the civilized world sees as two people "doing it" actually has a special meaning between spouses. In my opinion, when a husband and wife come together physically after the need to reproduce has been served, it is because they are saying to each other: "you are me and I am you and nothing can change that". The reason you have a spouse in your life goes far beyond sexual satisfaction for both.

The reason is you have been given a chance to realize the other without which you are not complete. When spouses engage in this dance, it builds bridges that never existed before and strengthens bridges that exist. What melts and disappears in that dance are the unintended slights and misinterpreted gestures. Hidden in that dance is the promise they make to each other that the other is the center of their existence.

That dance is the pathway to a union of their souls.

DadOfTwo

10 people like this.
  8. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

there comes a stage in the winter of a (long) married couple's lives where there might not be the desire nor the inclination to perform this dance, would that mean it's an impediment in the union of their souls?

OP, sex as a bodily urge is as important as the individual's need for it. which is variable. so the ratings will also vary.

GlobetrotterG and arch1209 like this.
  9. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Cant help but notice that in recent past - a couple of folks were banned for focus on certain content, and then suddenly coinciding with that - there has been a marked increase in threads of these topics. Oh well. Make whatever conclusion you will of that "coincidence"

10. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

Depends on your libido