1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

do you still have it with you?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by prijan, Sep 9, 2009.

1. alamu

alamu New IL'ite

I am a silent reader of the blogs but i couldnt resist myself from posting.

i treasure the letter from my mother. Thought i will expalin below the situation when i recd the letter.

I was away from my parents and working in a metro city. I was disappointed with the happenings at the work place and flet low. I used to call my mom regularly and that day told her about the incident and how i felt.

In 2 days time am surprised to recive a letter from her ( usually i talk everyday over pphone). Content of the letter was full of hopes and optimism quoting the life of helen keller etc. She is a full time home maker never been to college , i was awestruck to read the letter.Got to know her more on that day.

i have the letter in my jewel box till today and I am far far away from her. Will read it whenever i need some energy. Hope i will save it till my last breath.

Regards,
    Alamu

2. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear prijan,
    You touched a chord in my heart.
    Iam a cancerian and my daughters sometimes do get very irritated with me because I value and cherish the small things I have collected over a period of time in my almirah.My daughters call me a hoarder and do get very irritated with me when they find hundreds of ball pens,ofcourse my autograph booklovely chains and bangles that were presented to me long years back.Looking at them bring happy memories Iam sentimental about these things.

love
    mithila

3. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

hi preethiarun66,
    thanks for the nice fb.whenever we see those cards,naturally ,we tend to feel happy.thanks.

4. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

hi rajdeepti,
    how sweet.as you said,when we see after 10 or 12 years after,we can still feel the same excitement as you felt the first day,when yu held your baby in your hand.that was sweet of your mil too and great to keep the small uniforms safe after so many years.thanks for the fb.

5. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

thanks amihere for the nice fb.that must be whole bag of letters by now.nice way to rejuvenate ourselves.
    prijan

6. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

dear hira,thanks for the wonderful fb.

7. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

dear minu
    thats a nice way of remembering friends.thanks for the nice fb.

8. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

dear anu,
    thanks for the sweet fb.iam like you.i have a boxes and boxes of sweet memories and things which i very carefully store.infact my dd's past time is to open those boxes and she gets so excited on seeing those things.

9. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

dear srividya,
    so nice to see your fb.thanks a lot.you are right.those days were so unforgettable and every minute was worth it.as you said,the happy days are innumerable with no stress,no responsiblities andthe only feeling that stood foremost was happiness amidst friends.great time.

10. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

dear vidya sundar,
    thanks for a nice fb.so yu are having photos of great grandparents.thats so nice .those photos must be speaking volumes.thanks.