1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you resort to silence and acceptance just to maintain peace?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by divs, Feb 24, 2010.

1. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I think it's more the way people say things when they're angry versus when they're not angry. I've noticed that when I start my rage rant, I do say the things that I want said, but I just say it in a very crude manner, as Srividya mentioned with almost an intention to hurt and just have the last word. That done, sometimes the other person is just left speechless and it's your own words that keep ringing in your ears and that somehow makes the issue itself insignificant and the words that conveyed the issue more significant, which is what I try to avoid these days by keeping silent until the rage subsides!

2. purnima22

purnima22 New IL'ite

I realized in our marriage that it is almost impossible for my DH to take my side esp if it relates to his parents and sis.

He never ever accepts any mistakes that they make and is very defensive.

All this while I wasted lot of energy and time getting into arguments and trying to prove my point. Even after 6 yrs, he still finds more faults abt me than his folks.

I found a better thing to do is to just accept everything and prefer peace of mind over silly arguments esp if they are very minor.

I feel very relaxed keeping quiet and I feel my DH likes it more as I am getting calmer. We have other topics to discuss like hobbies/travel etc.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010