Do you read articles/magazines related to Finance & Money??

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by SriVidya75, Mar 31, 2011.

Do you read articles/magazines related to Finance & Money??

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    35.6%
  3. Want to

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  1. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Friends:hiya

How many of you read articles or magazines related to Finances? Watch programs on money management? Do you think its helpful or useful? Which magazine or website or program do you find useful/ interesting?

To start with my thoughts on this one----

I browse through several money management sites like bankrate.com, moneycontrol.com, valueresearch etc...(some of them were suggested by our friend Shaishav here on IL forums)

The ideas expressed there and the suggestions I have read really helped me understand the importance of planning and I was introduced to teh new term called FRUGAL LIVING:crazy

I find SuzeOrmans program on MSNBC very interesting and I ensure that I watch the program every weekend.

So now your turn....lets start sharing...what you find interesting!!!!

2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Hi Srividya,

I used to read Outlook money Magazine and now visit thier website.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  3. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

I worship Suze. She makes tough concepts easy to understand. She knows I am clueless and talks to me using baby finance words. I watch her program reguarly and nag DH about things I have learned. He gets surprised that I am sounding like I have a clue afterall and then after our discussion, he may even change his finance strategy!!!!

I read articles online only. I don't read entire magazines....too boring....zzzzzzz.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    my dh is in financeso after marriage he introduced to the financial magzine & i really like them.
    i like outlook money,buisness today & in newspaper i like ET.now,i follow ET website for market updates............when we came here i picked few old copies of them along with my favourite femina & reader's digest .

suzeozman is good but not much in Indian context.still i follow her in oprahmagzine website.............

these days i am into financial blogs like simpledollor,get rich slowly .,wisebread...........and frugalliving........
    i love the suggestions given by ordinary people instead of financial guys as the ordinary peole have learnt from life rather the theory...........
    pragati

5. SriVidya75

Woww...I never visited their website...thanks for sharing this info....how do you find the advice given on those websites....is it of any use??

6. SriVidya75

count me in...me tooo big time Suze's fan. Initially I never paid much attention to this finance/money management stuff...but after watching her program couple of times...these days I am glued to the TV when her program starts....specially I like the way she makes the calculations....and suggests to people to take some tough decisions...

I do read magazines..but its like in a serial manner...half piece today..half piece tomorrow..and after a month another half piece:crazyso one magazine would last like 2 months:biglaugh

7. SriVidya75

Thanks for sharing the info Pragati

I do follow Wisebread forums religiously....advices by the real people are really useful..however I am tired of hearing about frugal living..as no matter what we do...I dont know why I cant get to that level of cutting down expenses....or might be because there was no need..but somehow I have this urge to start and try the frugal living concept :idea

So are there any financial advisors like Suzeorman in India who have their own TV shows? I have not heard about such programs from my friends..so was wondering..

8. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I like thier stock pics and analysis..I like thier cover page stories, very interestign to read and gives you Ideas relavant to the market state.

One more feature I obsolutely love is thier financial planning for one family in every issue. They give thier full income,savings,expenditure and calculations and give out advise on what should be thier ideal financial planning. Good read helps you to analyse one's own situation.

9. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

I go to moneycontrol.com, valueresearch to see the recent dividend declaration.I feel sleepy If I read such articles.But I want to read them:thumbsup

10. SriVidya75

This is good piece of info....am soo thankful to you for sharing this info...

By the way how is their prediction on stock market??? did you buy or sell any shares based on their prediction? (do I sound like a question bank???:idea)