Do you LOVE being a girl (or a Boy)?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mstrue, May 14, 2010.

1. Harpa

Harpa New IL'ite

I love being a gal, especially since given whatever situation a gal never seizes to be the following… given any condition or environment she is brought up or given to.

karyesu mantri karanesu dasi bhojyesu
    mata sayanesu rambha dharmanukula
    ksamaya dharitri sadgunyametaddhi
    pativratanam sarangadhara niti

(Meaning: At work, she is a counselor; in times of need she is a servant; at the table she is a mother; in bed she is a nymph; she is a pillar of support in righteous action; and she is of unbounded patience like the earth. These are the six qualities of a woman devoted to her husband.)

such beautiful things are never said about a man. :wink:

Before marriage my DH asked me what can i be for him as a life partner and i quoted the above and promised i would be all of it, hope i'm living up to it.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Beautiful post. :thumbsup Thanks for the translation. We have the same thing in Tamil too.

To me, the multiple roles quoted there, are all a privilege to womanhood -Woman has the capacity to do that many roles efficiently. And if she does, her man's life will be blessed. A woman makes or breaks the home. IMO, As a woman, it is a thing to be proud of.

But for some, it sounds like a lot of expectations being unduly pushed upon woman. That is another way of seeing.. I guess... though I do not subscribe to it.

Wow.. What a wonderful thing to say and to keep it up. :thumbsup
    I bet your DH was all happy when you said that. :)

3. mywork08

mywork08 New IL'ite

being boy or girl, one should first love with mom, dad ,broth & sis. and other comes later

4. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

:confused2:..shakehead..:|..:-(..:cry:

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  5. Harpa

Harpa New IL'ite

Thanks Mstrue.. yes it did impress him big time. :-D

@mywork08 : i too am confused :spin what did u mean?

6. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

I love being a Girl... It is a special priviledge... Poor boys, they just can't get such pampering treatment from anyone in this world:(

I have been pampered like a kid by my parents all the time and now by my DH... Just because they think that I am a girl and I need some extra care in everything:)

If I shine very well in my career, everyone praises me like she is brilliant and she can equally work like a man, and sometimes she is just perfect and better than a male staff... So much compliments, but at the same time the office provides me some extra care with a full time driver, time adjustment (no need to work at night/late eve) which our male staff do not enjoy:(

If i don't shine well, then I have an excuse that I am just a girl, I cannot manage such a huge croud of refugees. Everyone seems to understand my point and allow me to take one extra staff with me all the time. Here I am not blamed for my inability, but blessed with an additional help:)

My career achivements were heighly appreciated by all my family members, relatives, neighbors and strangers too. Because they all see me as an iron woman just because I managed to work in Darfur for 1 year. But I don't think any men in my position would get such appreciation for the same achivement.. Probably less.. Poor guys.

I can work if I feel like working... and I can quite my job if I don't feel like working.. No pressure at all.. BEcause I am a girl and bread wining is not my priority. At the same time, though there are several problems at the office both my DH and brother can not simply resign their jobs, as they know the consequenses.

If you cook well, they say she is perfect both in her career and house hold chores. IF you don't cook well, then you always have an excuse that you concentrated too much in your studies and career so you need time to focus on cooking now.

In busses, at ques, and everywhere, you get some priority because of your Gender.

At home you are loved by everyone like a princes and not your brother.

Also the priviledge to wear loads and loads of dresses, make ups, jewells...
    Boys what is there for you apart from shirts and jeans??????

Above all, the pregnancy experience... I am enjoying it... It is something very unique... Boys you will never get this:(

But the only sad part is.... I will have to cook and clean my home from now on.. as I am married and settled down in my own home with DH... And everyone says it is my DUTY to do all the chores, so I must learn:(
    I think this is the only disadvantage of being a girl, but with all the other positives, I am sure I can lean and shine well in this department too:)

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  7. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

Sorry to be the partypooper here. I am not that thrilled to be a girl, I would like to be a boy if given a choice.
    Life of a girl is risky, any goon can attack u anytime.
    Life sucks after marriage, since we have to LEAVE our parents to a new home.
    Boys have more freedom, they can go anywhere, anytime.My brother went to 3 foreign tours with him friends, while I cannot even leave Mylapore (my locality) alone.
    Boys dont carry a baby and lose their health and figure.Someone else gives birth and they just pamper.
    Boys dont cook everyday and do laundry.
    Boys can get up at 9 everyday and just leave to office.
    Boys can go to bars, movies, cricket matches etc anytime with friends. But girls have to get permission from everybody at home.
    Boys can do whatever they want with their money.Girls cant
    Boys dont get periods every freaking month.

1 person likes this.
  8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I dont think you can get more negative than that
    You think boys have it all easy...hmmm why spoil your dream?:)

9. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

:rotflI sometimes pity my DH and fellow men (truly, truly).

1 person likes this.