Do you like to wear Anklets (Payal)?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by malspie, Nov 13, 2008.

Do you like to wear Anklets (Payal)?

Poll closed Nov 13, 2009.
  1. Yes - With Tinkles

48 vote(s)
    53.9%
  2. Yes - Without Tinkles

30 vote(s)
    33.7%
  3. No - I find it out fashioned

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. No - because of dress code in office

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. chanchal_kiran

chanchal_kiran New IL'ite

I always wear anklets with tinkles.. I like the sound of it.. When i am walking alone i feel as if they are giving company for me:crazy

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Victoryman,

It is a pleasure to know that an ancient discovery like 'Payal' is still in vogue!

Thaniks

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Victoryman,

It is a pleasure to know that an ancient discovery like 'Payal' is still in vogue!

Thanks for stepping in with your feedback.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Jaishree

Do not forget to get a pair for yourself when you come to India. The trendy ones can make your ankles look heavenly!

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Regi_sr,

Oh! what a huge sacrifice dear!

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Malathi,

I liked your idea of giving up what you like to do the best!

Now, that five years have passed over the sacrifice, I think God is sending you a message through this post to go and fetch one for yourself.

Remember, even Lord Rama stayed in the forest for only a period of time and not forever!

Thanks dearie for being here.

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Chanchal Kiran,

I enjoyed reading your explanation for wearing anklets. Yes, it can be a noisy partner or a silent one! You are never alone when you wear a pair of them.

8. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Hey Babes!

I did not know that u were the architect of this thread, and have been wondering whether I should check it out, coz I luv Payal!! And what a surprise!

I luv Payal! Did not get a chance while in school (thanks to the nuns and my tomboy image!) and while in college too busy for sajana and dajana being an athlete! But lo behold, marriage happened and I have payal on my feet, and its 15 yrs. and am yet to take it off! Its with no tinkle and just a simple gold chain-like one! I just luv it!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  9. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Babes!

I thought the same too! Western clothes may look terrible with payal, but Trust me, it still looks lovely with Capris and shorts and jeans, as long as it is simple! Looks quite sexy too!

10. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Hi!
    I just went through the whole thread now, and wow what a collection the market seems to hold these days! Never seen the crystal ones, or the fancy ones u posted pics of here Mals! But they look so beautiful! Need to check it out, on my next trip!

I was also sceptical about wearing gold on the ankle, 15 yrs. ago. But when I did land up in Kerala for my wedding, my aunts and mum convinced me thats its ok, and lo behold... I got one, and have been wearing them for the last 15 yrs. and 2 mths. to be exact..lol............
    The only time I took it off is 3 yrs. ago when it got so loose that it used to slip off! I got a new pair.... and I still admire my feet just like the others do....it is such a beautiful feminine feeling! And all of u in 40s and 50s, age is in the mind...I am not young myself...u calculate...I was married 15 yrs. ago.....but still wear it! SO go for it!