Do you like to wear Anklets (Payal)?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by malspie, Nov 13, 2008.

Do you like to wear Anklets (Payal)?

Poll closed Nov 13, 2009.
  1. Yes - With Tinkles

48 vote(s)
    53.9%
  2. Yes - Without Tinkles

30 vote(s)
    33.7%
  3. No - I find it out fashioned

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. No - because of dress code in office

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Marrgg,

We have certain dress codes to be followed in office and Anklets with Tinkles is certainly a big "No".

Thanks for writing in dearie, I liked your taste.

2. DesertRose

DesertRose New IL'ite

hi malspie!
    u bot to mind a forgotten passion of mine... yeah i love anklets, they r sooooo pretty. i love them more wid the tinkles. therz sumthng xtrmly sexy bout ankets..
    i graduatd 2 yrs ago & bak in college i used to don payals matchng my salwar-suits. i had a huge collection of the same, ethnic, trendy, (beaded/glass) n al patterns possibl... i simply loved them! even bangles, though i dun wear em often i have a huge collection. nowadays wearing salwar-suits is a rarity so miss deckng up the traditional way.
    i thnk my wedding day was the last time i wore anklets, dats 2.5yrs ago (huge, thick ones designed specialy by SIA) .. now that u remind me i thnk this time wen i tke a trip to india i'll bring bak my precious possession.

frankly, i never wore them regularly, aftr i got bak frm college i wud take em out. bak in skool v had strict rules to follow & mine being a convent, v were hardly allowed any indian accessories! n now ofcuz i hv the same reasons too - doesnt go wid western outfits...

ciao,
    desertrose

3. DesertRose

DesertRose New IL'ite

i do wear a delicate anklet though, permanently, a thin silver one in 1 leg. its actualy quite a fever amg my generation..
    actauly my best frnd whose in UAE now gave it to me as a parting gift (wen v graduated) it has 1 piece of a broken heart, she wears 1 & 1 wear the other. it has 'bestfriends' written on it.
    i havent removed it & dun plan on... ever...

does this count as anklets???

n BTW i voted for No due to dress code

ciao,
    desertrose

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Desertrose,

I loved the parting gift from your best friend! What a unique way of gifting!

You are following the current trend by wearing them on only one ankle!

Your feedback rocks babes!

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

I could not afford to buy one set when I desired to wear them. During my marriage, I got one set in silver as part of the jewellery. Then I did not wear it. The again for some time I wore it. Now I don't wear it because it doesn't make any difference. Nowadays I am not interested in any such thing. And I am one person who shun the stupid sentiments like a woman should wear such and such things, otherwise she is not complete and all that. So I don't wear.
    I love to see women wearing golden anklets in my state Kerala, no silver items for them, only gold. Now the craze for everything in gold is so great there. Even diamonds and platinum are not picking up. Gold ornaments with out gems or stones, mostly.

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Oh My Dear Varloo,

Get a simple pair for yourself and wear them, not for enhancing your feminine traits or looking beautiful, just for the heck of it!

Sometimes, when we do things just for the sake of it, it clicks and makes us feel "Wow".

It is one life and let us live it large! Forget the nitty gritties, the rona dhona, the mundanes, there is much more to life.

I am not imposing it on you my dear, just suggesting. Do not feel offended o.k.

7. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi
    I never realized anklets were so popular. Actually I don't like them very much. I have one pair of heavy silver ones with bells on them and have worn them only for my wedding - rarely before and never after that. The new designs look really nice though - maybe I should check these out.

8. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi mals,
    thats an interesting poll.
    i love wearing anklets i wear the ones without the trinket for western wear you get simple and fashionable ones in sukra.
    i wear little trinket ones for saris and salwar suits.
    i think they are really fashionable even in the western countries people now wear them with capris etc.
    regards
    pavi

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Vidya dear... you must make a trip to my home town Salem then:) My cousin (from bangalore) is crazy about anklets and she always buys from Salem.. that's where they make a lot.

I too love metti. I haven't removed the simple traditional plain round thing my DH wore on me at our wedding... that is a romantic rememberance to me;) It was a bit uneasy in the beginning when i had to wear boots in winter but both of us have got used to that. I feel it makes my otherwise not-so-good looking feet very sexy:thumbsup

Latha

10. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Dear Mals

I love to wear anklets and especially it is a must when i wear a nine yards saree..i fell for tht costume without the anklets your dressing looks incomplete.....anklets with a minimum amt of tinkles is what i love !!!

lov
    sowmi