Do you like to wear Anklets (Payal)?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by malspie, Nov 13, 2008.

Do you like to wear Anklets (Payal)?

Poll closed Nov 13, 2009.
  1. Yes - With Tinkles

48 vote(s)
    53.9%
  2. Yes - Without Tinkles

30 vote(s)
    33.7%
  3. No - I find it out fashioned

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. No - because of dress code in office

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Yes, I do !! :)

Hi Mals,

I love and adore the Anklets. We say "Golusu" in Tamil. I've been wearing them on and off for many years now and simply love them in any design.

Nowadays, they come in a variety of designs, colors and materials !

I love to wear the heavy ones during special occassions and the simple ones (with 2 or three tinkles) on a regular basis.

As many of you mentioned, when we change our attire and wear western outfits, we may have to remove them during those times.

Infact, I had also been wearing the metti with tinkles for sometime. Have always been fond of different anklets and mettis.

There are many crystal and bead anklets with simple designs that are suitable for everyday wear.

But here in US, I find many Americans (ladies & girls) wearing these anklets (simple ones without tinkles) on just one foot. Infact, the metti has also become a fashion here.

I guess, they don't know the significance, but wear it for fashion.

Lovely poll as always !!

Cheers
    Krithika

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mals dear...

You always have a way with the poll topics.. [​IMG].

I love Anklets with the tinkles( not the heavy ones though). Without it I feel my leg looks bare :crazy...
    Nowadays the ones with crystals and the beads too fascinate me...I simply love them...

Bye

<FORM action=/smilies.php?kategorie=upload&page=2&lan=en method=post> </FORM>

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Re: Yes, I do !! :)

Hi Krithika,

In Mumbai too we have fancy payals or anklets to be worn on one leg only and it rock with jeans or capris. It is just colourful strings with two or one tinkles.

I too have a couple of them in my accessory box.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Saras,

If I have a way with the 'Polls' you have a way with the 'Smileys'. The rock band has enthralled my attention.

The crystal and beads one go well for daily wear and we can match them with our outfits like sarees and salwar suits.

5. rroshni

rroshni New IL'ite

I think that paayals make one's feet more feminine and dainty both of which I do not possess. Even when I wear paayal on rare occasions (when I need to wear the nine yards saree), it looks so out of place :oops:

6. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Dear Mals,

As Many of them, even i adore wearing Anklets, even i love simple ones without too much of Tinkles. i used to wear them when i was in India. But after comming to US..... Haven't worn them maybe just it feels out of place with the kind of dress we wear usually here. As krithika mentioned even Americans wear them on one or both the Ankles.

Though i do like the Elegant Gold anklets, but my Appa is against wearing Gold in Any Form on Legs... So have no choice on that.

Cheers
    vaidehi

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vaidehi,

How are my dear friend!

Hope things are working in your favour.

My parents were against wearing gold anklets but I find many of them wearing them!

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Mals,

I used to like as a young girl but we were not allowed to wear at school. Now I don't like anymore. But occasionally i do like to with saree and with salwars i prefer the thin ones with just one tinklet. I don't like too much 'jil jil' sound at any time.

Latha

9. marrgg

marrgg Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mals,

I Love to wear Anklets but the one which is thin string type with one/no tinklet. I wear to Office also. I dont like the heavy ones with lot of tinklets..I have seen people jiljiling :boo:with many tinklets.

Good topic to discuss...

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Latha,

With or without Tinkles, Payal always makes a cute accessory on the legs of a female.

I too cannot wear them often and a big 'No' to the heavy tinkle ones. We have carpets in the office and the tinkling sound would make situtation ugly for me in office.

I have coloured strings with one or two tinkles. The silver ones, I wear during big festivals like Diwali or Dassera when everyone decks up in office.