Do you like to wear Anklets (Payal)?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by malspie, Nov 13, 2008.

Do you like to wear Anklets (Payal)?

Poll closed Nov 13, 2009.
  1. Yes - With Tinkles

48 vote(s)
    53.9%
  2. Yes - Without Tinkles

30 vote(s)
    33.7%
  3. No - I find it out fashioned

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. No - because of dress code in office

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mals,
    I adore anklets & would (only!:-() love to wear them.Anklet wearing in Chennai came into vogue only after I crossed 40.
    Somehow as Padmasrinivas says, I thought my own family would comment that I was trying to "act" like a youngster!
    Another thing, I observe is, when a middle aged daughter & grown up GDs do not use some accessories, I am worried if I will look silly in their eyes & my daughter is the "no-nonsense" type who will "raise her eyebrows" & ask me "Amma, you too??".
    What do I do?
    Satisfy my own desire
    OR
    Act my age??
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. lalithavennkat

lalithavennkat Silver IL'ite

Dear Mals,

I would love to wear Anklets without tinkling. Even religious background also
    wearing Anklets are a MUST. As vidhya says even all the pictures of Devis
    will be with Anklets only.

1 person likes this.
  3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Asha,

You are so lucky to have them on throughout the day. I wear them only during festivals and am at home. If am holidaying then I do not as I choose to wear only western outfits like jeans, capris and shorts.

I love anklets very much. Thanks for the feedback.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Gowri,

You are the lucky gal here. I can hear the tinkles in Mumbai. Thanks for stepping in babes.

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vidhyalakshmi,

You join me in not wearing anklets due to dress codes and comforts with respect to the city and weather conditions.

Deep at heart, we still long for it. I steal an opportunity to wear them though it does come once in a blue moon.

I admire gals wearing them too - with or without tinkles does not matter.

My personal preference will be with tinkles.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hey Lahy,

You too have it as a secret desire and kudos for wearing them in summer and not killing your desire.

Anklets with tinkles makes it one of the most beautiful accessory designed by craftsmen.

Thanks for the feedback babes.

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

Way to go dear, you have given me so much information about the anklet outlets which I have never heard of here in Mumbai.

We go to a good Marwari Jeweller and he can display the best designs for us in Mumbai. You are a Mumbaikar and you must be aware of it.

Places like Mulund, Ghatkopar, Santacruz, Andheri, Kandivli are the places where we get the best of designs and it also includes the famous Tribhuvandas!

I have a pair of anklets where some crystal beads are mixed with a beautiful pattern pattern and it rocks. I wear them rarely as most of the time either I am in a official dress code or a crashing in shorts or capris at home. I would have made a few more pairs, but I do not want them to stay 'Put' in my jewellery box.

I love anklets and as you say, it is one of the graceful accesory designed on earth for women. I would love to have more of them only when I have the opportunity to wear them often.

Thanks for helping Padma with her queries.

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

My Dear Chits,

When I came to know that Hema Malini kissed 60 this year, I could not believe my ears.

She is ageing gracefully and have not given up anything to attain this new status of being in 60's.

My mom never gave up doing things and neither we encouraged her to give up anything after my dads death or after ageing.

What is age! It is a gift of wisdom, knowledge and experience. It has nothing to do with any other shackles that others try to bond it with.

You are the 'Star' for me and I want you to go and get some pair of anklets.

Payal or anklets have been a fashion as well as traditional accessory of Mumbai for ages and am shocked to know that it was not in vogue in Chennai till you kissed 40!

I want you to wear one as you have to listen to your desire. You are not breaking any values of generation, just enhancing it dear.

I am loading some pictures of simple anklets for you, only to boost your confidence.

Here they go:

Attached Files:

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chits,

You are not happy with them, never mind, here are some more for you:

Attached Files:

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chits,

More for your eyes only:

Attached Files: