1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any say in your Inlaws Itenary?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ShilpaMa, Feb 18, 2010.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Ok so as of now we see that mostly many ladies dont have any say but some do have a contribution & its really good and right way of dealing... dont we inform them on our arrival & departure dates in advance & check on days to arrive thats suitable to them? They why should it be one way.

In my case since MIL/ DIL always change their own inlaws itenary I strongly feel that this is the reason they never want this news to reach me cos they feel I shall be acting like them... god alone can help them tho.

Biggest hurdle i find dealing with them is the games they play to pur down my parents once their tickets are done & my dad's leaves are approved they tend to take U turns on initial stand to refuse... esp during my delivery phase when they'd clearly refused but still landed & insulted my parents & grandmother & told me to tell them to go. Am sure they'll pay good price for their rude behaviour.

FC, same with me .. after their last visit now I really detest them ever visiting us cos their main aim is to create rift between us (Even DH mentioned in the conflict resolution talk.. that I guess we'll not see major issues henceforth as kids have grown & his parents shall be visiting us lesser) and the last one is yet to be fixed... however its their son's house as well... have decided since they never inform me of their arrival, I shall live with them for a week or so and decide if I need to leave for my vacation with kids... They cant keep manipulating & dominating people throughout their lives.

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

IL's
    I too agree with you, Journey start and end dates shoudl be informed well in advance to make little bit easier and make us psycologically free.
    I dont have this concern atleast. As both of inlaws are school heads, so their vacations are known to us well in advance. So they try go one day before reopenings.

3. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

I think I am fortunate in that...we buy the tickets, so it's my responsibility to check on prices and airlines. But wish that was the end of my part in their planning. I even have to tell them how many pants/shirts/dhotis/saree/nighty they need to bring. Last time even had to remind them to get 6 month supply of medication.

4. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

I do. They do not help :p IF I say, I would be unavailable, they would not show up at all!! :p

5. cuteastha

cuteastha Silver IL'ite

My in -laws book there Itinerary forever.Will go when there will be call from God.
    They never asked us they just pack there bags and come to live with us forever.In year 2 times my FIL makes visit to his home...Leaving MIL at my home.....No air to breathe.