1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Have Any “celebrity” As A “relative”?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, May 13, 2022.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I met chitra when I was a teen.Very friendly and full of her trademark smile..lovely lady:)

SGBV likes this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

That was interesting and cute to read..

but why Karthi said keep sister safe?

indubalram likes this.
  3. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

I met Jayalalitha Amma, when she became first time CM, I was 3 yrs old just to wave at her. She was super nice, later during her 2nd last tenure I met her at hospital when I was pregnant. I spoke with her she was extremely charming, offered me to go first in car her car followed. She being CM! Their house's arisi upma and injipuli chutney still lingers in my mind unbeatable taste. (I'm a upma hater though). Iron lady....
    Our forefathers hail from same street in Srirangam, that's the only connection.

I met Rajinikanth in Frankfurt Airport once that was my first international trip when android phones just hit market. I was sitting for my connection flight he was sitting right next to me. I didn't recognize him!!
    I murmured in tamil then he spoke with me.
    Later I spoke took pic. He was traveling alone. Kinda soft person.
    I met AR Rahman at a restaurant in bayarea one late-night. He is really down to earth person.
    Once we met Kushboo, Arya and Sundar C in Airport. Director Sundar C watched My bags when I went to change diapers for my child.
    Kushboo mam and her husband behaved just like happy extended family whom you see only on weddings.

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    indubalram and anika987 like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

You had food in JJ ’s house!!
    Wowowowow!!

You sat with rajini and none crowded you guys???
    Gosh! You met someone the amazing people I love :)

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    indubalram likes this.
  5. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Sushant Singh Rajput. I was about to get married to his maternal cousin. some long distanced relative got the match.

I wonder what my state of mind would have been to be part of his internal family circle( he was very close to the Maternal side of the family in fact the reason it didn't materialize with them was as Shweta di ( his Sis is the US ) cdnt come to India in time and she was one of the main decision-makers)

Mom hardly cared about Boy being an actor's own cousin ( we never had a cable connection so had a very faint idea of serials SSR was doing, and my marriage was fixed with the next best match again from relative all happened so quickly as if it was meant to be ).

I'm talking about 2012. I wish SSR peace wherever he is and if there are culprits out there they should face Karma!

Just to Add: His family is extremely rich and well-to-do. Wonder what brought the downwfall.

6. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

The few celebrities I met are
    1. Cho Ramaswamy: we use to stay near a Ganesha temple in Chennai. He use to go on this road often. He will stop, get down and pray and proceed. This was about 40 years back
    Kamal Hassan:. The film varumai in niram segappu was shot near my house. Met him there and got his autograph.
    Sri Devi:. Met her during the same shooting. Got her autograph.
    Dilip Doshi:. Met him when he had come for a test match to Chennai. We were all in high school and stood outside the hotel gate where they were staying. Finally could only meet Dilip Doshi. Have his autograph

As we grow older, the craze of chasing celebrities diminish and today I don't watch movies and don't identify any artists.

anika987 and ashima10 like this.
  7. Positivity02

Positivity02 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

When I was in my 3rd std we lived in udumalpet and Tamil movie Ninaithen vandhai shooting was happening in a bungalow near our house. One of the crew members was our neighbor and took us to see the shooting. Saw actor Vijay practicing dance for a song and saw other actors from the movie. Still remember the exact scene in my mind, he was charming!

Saw surya and bhoomika in jillunu oru kaadhal shooting in agri university Coimbatore. Surya was cool, he waved at us. Took pic with bhoomika, she looked very petite.

anika987 likes this.
  8. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

ok! My mom used to say this .According to her Ramya krishnan belongs to a sub caste (same as mine) and its supposed that there are very limited members of the sub caste..so everyone should be related to each other..This is my mom's theory :p

this is just theoritically ..!
    Recently bumped across Ramya Kin Chandigarh airport..but she vanished before i could go and talk to her( talk about my moms theory)

Have met SPB
    Have played with Ramya Pandian in her childhood days
    As her dad was a director have seen vineeta, swathi actress ..they used to visit her house
    ofcourse have seen Ramyas uncle Arun pandian
    My best friend is Crazy mohan's niece..so have met him and his bro (such a down to earth souls both are)
    Vijay was my school senior..Harathi ganesh was my college senior..mahathi my junior..
    so have seen with all of them
    Nithya Menons parents live in my community..so have seen her a lot ( she exaclty looks how she is on screen )

Last edited: May 17, 2022
    chanchitra and anika987 like this.
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Wow..SSR! Still not over his demise ..

such a complete package of looks and talent.His workout videos are unbelievable!!

wonder what happ..Hope his family is holding strong

nandinimithun likes this.
  10. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

I also got one theory after readng ur post and Indubalram post..

@brahan you are Ramya krishnan Relative..
    Ramya Krishnan is cho's niece..
    Cho is @indubalram Parent relative
    So technically you both are relative

How is that? Guys its just for fun.. please dont punch me :D :D

indubalram, chanchitra and anika987 like this.