1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a special needs child??

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Shanvy, Jan 27, 2008.

1. sowmyasridhar

sowmyasridhar Senior IL'ite

Dear Usha,

I do not know what to write...My heart is heavy after reading the entire post. But I want to say that my prayers are there for the kids.

2. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

hi traveller,

thanks for your words and dont worry, everyone is going thru what you have written... I sometimes feel taking care of my Special son is easy ... the rest of them take my toll!!!!!!! Thats life.... ha ha ha

Be there and keep us in your prayers,

love

1 person likes this.
  3. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

thank you and am glad I have friends, even miles away......... Keep us and especially all the special kids in your prayers.

Love to all,

4. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

Thanks sowmya,

Prayers is all we need . ....:)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  5. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Oosha,
    I am writing with tears in my eyes, my :bowdown to you. I thank God for his kindness in giving you as a mother to karan. Karan is blessed in more ways than he can understand to have wonderful parents. I am hoping to make myself a better person looking at your positive outlook in life. Kudos to you dearie! My prayers to the almighty to keep you in good health to take care of karan and guide all other moms who have these beautiful special angels.
    God Bless...
    Aparna

6. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear dear Shanthi..
    thanks for starting this thread. I am glad i came across this one as its been renewed by OOsha. You are a tremendous support to all the wonderful Ilites here. Such a big heart dearie, God bless you and yours with a long healthy life,
    Aparna

7. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Padma,
    May God bless you and your wonderful family ! Kirtana is blessed to have a wonderful parent like, cheerleading her best interests. Please keep explaining to your husband the achievements and the happiness she is going to get at sankalp. I will pray to god to help your DH make the best choice for your wonderful angel.

Dear Archana,
    I am so proud of you dearie... such a sweetheart. Ani is extremely lucky to have you as sister. such a charming sis/bro you make. hats off to your amma to have guided and helped your Ani. May God Bless you and your family.

Aparna

8. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Reading this thread made me bit heavy. Latha I second you in that. I always have complains about some silly issues over everyday life. But look at you moms, you are REAL ANGELS.

Padma, I wish all the very best for Kirthi. Don't worry she'll just be fine. Leave it to HIM and just do what your mind says, mother's intuition always works better.

Archana, you are an adorable sister. Ani is very lucky to have you as his sis and your parents must be proud to have a nice daughter like you. May ani get success in finishing his degree at MCC and sure with the support of sister like you and your parents by his side he'll definitely start his animation studio soon.

Oosha, I have no words to express here dearie, only my eyes are speaking with tears. You are indeed a courageous mom. You are Karan's guardian angel. I always will have prayers for you and your son in my heart.

I have seen and been with a special need child myself.
    My cousin has muscular dystrophy and can't walk. He needs to be helped by my uncle or aunt or need to hold something strong to be able to walk properly. He can't run, play. All he can do is just sit and watch kids play.

But he's so brainy and very good in academics. We always tell him that he'll come out with flying colors. Though he's physically challenged, he's one kid who won't show anything in face. Never did he feel that he can't play or walk. Infact my aunt (mami), uncle (mama), my perimma (his athai), his younger sister, my parents (again athai & athimber) and all his cousins including us have always tried bringing liveliness in his life.

My uncle & aunt are now left with no tears as the life expectancy of such cases are utmost 25, he's already 16 now. We are crossing our fingers and praying to the LORD to give enough courage and make a miracle happen in this little boy's life.

For all parents, with special needs children, its only you and your family can bring liveliness in the child's life. Put your pains infront of the LORD's lotus feet and march forward. HE's there, just do your part, HE'll take care of the rest.

I pray LORD ANJANEYA to give the courage and strength.

Ohm Sri Hanumathe Namaha.

-Uma

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Oosha,

Read your words about your precious son and you have me in awe.

Your son is specially gifted, yes, with a mother like you, he has been given the best gift any human being could want!!:bowdown

They say that God chooses parents before he sends them his special children and now I believe it.

Read about your post in the FP forum and read came here at once. I am more than sure that you are filled with pure love and by sharing your story here, you have brought an awakening in more than one mom who will now realize how thankful they must be for all the little mercies that has been bestowed on them.

You rock!!

L, Kamla

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanvy,

Must give it to you for starting this very moving and very necessary thread!:thumbsup I congratulate you and all the others who have participated in this thread.

I have crossed quite of few summers in my life and in this journey, have come across many wonderful parents and their special kids. All of us know that parenting is not easy. If the child comes with special challenges, we can all only imagine how much more difficult it is to raise that child.

Such discussions will help all of us to be aware of the special needs such children have and the support we can give to parents if they so desire. Here in the US, every building, library, museum, theater and malls are all built keeping in mind that some of us may need ramps and special doors. Every bus has steps that can be lowered to accommodate persons in wheel chairs etc. I hope all countries become aware of such necessities.

On the whole, this is one enriching thread and I am glad that I was able to read it. It surely has helped me personally, thanks to all.

L, Kamla