1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a pet peeve?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hey Mals and Meeta
    looks like Mals cabin ideas is great. you always make your posts so cuteeee . cant resist. dont worry meeta. luckily we are very ordinary people so nobody needs anything from us :!: so we're not in the position you are in meeta. but i have to day my dh is much smarter than i am and though very quiet he knows and grasps these situations much earlier than i do. :rotfl

2. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chitra,
    Ok, let me tell you why I am really mad at many people now a day.
    I am going to India this November and really stressed out what to buy for whom. But anyhow, hubby is a very nice person and really knows who needs what. So, we had already brought so many stuffs for both our family memebrs as well as some close relatives. But here is the problem. Now, some of my neighbour or frds of our relative (whom we don't know or never seen) or even very distant relatives started asking us to bring them certain things, even they went upto an extent in asking for a laptop (he was ready to pay for the laptop cost), my question was, if you can pay to us, why don't you buy it because everybody has their own choice and its not a small thing which one will change within a year. You imagine, how pathetic it is to ask to bring gifts, we don't mind money, but we have some limitations about weight of luggage and i don't know how these people never get this simple point.
    And if we will not take these things for them, they will say bad things about us to others and even if we will take gifts for them they are not going to be satisfied (basic human nature is not to appreciate things which they got for free).
    So, as soon as the dates are near, i am really felling stressed about the reaction of everybody after seeing the gifts. They will nevr know, we have wasted our valuable time in searching different stores, reading about the specifications and what not........
    Anyways, let me cite another instance. I don't know how to explain him, he was not our very dear frd but rather always asked for help to my hubby in academics and so known to us. He stays in the same city where my parents stays back in india and hardly withing 2-3 miles of radius. He never informed us that he is coming to USA, and after reached here, he asked my hubby for several work related favours, then came to our house as he has not seen several of the places and hubby has to take him inspite of the hit humid summer. Then he stayed in our house for some days as he has piles problem and he has no idea of cooking vegies. So, finally when he was leaving for india, called my hubby and ask him to get one saree (his boss's daughter's) form another lady's house and take that with us when we will go to india as his laggage has crossed the limit. And my DH, could not say a no to him.
    This is just one instance, there are so many that I stopped counting them.
    DH always tells me that you help others and god will help you and never expect that somebody will pay you back........I am really dumbstuck..........
    Regards.

3. Anandchitra

Meeta
    Sorry to see u frustrated. but i'm sure everything will work out fine.

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

From my side,
    Talking endlessly over the phone
    on the internet 24/7, chatting
    not organised and don't keep things in its place
    praising one too much to get the job done if not, throw them to dirt
    'acting good' to get a name

Sriniketan

5. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello chithra

and when you
    go a walking alone
    they go a walking
    together
    and talk talk and talk
    all about you?

sathya

6. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

hi AC.
    nice thread.
    what peeves me?
    for starters, i get peeved with people who love to get other people's attention when they're not in the limelight. then,there's also your typical 'put-downer'. these people equally would get my cold shoulder;-) .

dont you just hate it when a person coolly breezes in and then starts talking about his/her own opinion irregardless of what was going on?or when they just try and join the conversation to change the topic to head to their direction?

what's more is that, there are those who you could classify as the 'uppity' people.the word 'uppity' was coined by my mother. it sort of brings the meaning of "feeling so full of oneself"...i hope i have not confused the readers out there.:mrgreen:
    and when they come to you, their main goal would be to compare themselves with you just to boost their confidence and sense of security.

anyways enough of my ramblings here.
    nice thread again AC
    thanks

cheers ladies:wave

7. Anandchitra

dear sathya
    chumma asathetiya

so when i go walk alone
    i realise i am not alone
    but who is there always
    walking with me
    beside me
    and in me
    my dear God and
    so it is good to meditate
    on the wonders of creation..

ofcourse my attempt at writing is a poor imitation of yours but you do inspire me to try.

8. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite

Hi Chitra

I am not going to tell about peeving, but abt walking.

I too want to walk alone enjoying nature. My husband often tells me to go atleast with one friend but their schedule and mine wont match. Moreover these gossips, MIL talks. I got bored and after some time my mouth dried out due to that endless talk. They feel guilty to walk with me if I stop talking. Getting annoyed with all these I stopped seeking company for my walk.

Love
    lakshmi

9. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I hate when people back stab.
    .I do not like people to call me when they want .
    i get annoyed when people do not call when i had sent them greetings
    I really get annoyed when people forget important days in my life.
    I hate parents talking endlessly about their childrens' achievements.
    Old friends never keeping in touch.
    It is endless,but as my husband says never do anything expecting return from it,do it if you enjoy .But I am human.................

10. Anandchitra

Dear Kanaka
    Its interesting tonote some women share the same annoyance. My husband to like yours says not to expect anything. He also practices what he preaches. But i can never figure out how not to expect anything. Some replies are common courtesies. Some are plain good manners and some are good etiquette. anyway i have still not figured out how not to expect and how to avoid gossip. before we know it we are also sucked into it. hmmmm.. food for thought!!:wink: