1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a kid with Autism?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Mehana, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Divya!. she wasn't much happy too at the time of pregnant, might that would be the reason too. She chnaged a lot and happy infornt of her kid..God doesnt show mercy on these type of women but still cunning minded women are happy in this world(i have seen in my life).

Mangadu amman thunai!

1 person likes this.
  2. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

3. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Soumya234!

I already checked that link, but however thanks for your input.

4. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

hi Mehana,

i really do not know what I should say because I have no experience about kids with autism, but yes, I definitely have a personal issue which I have dealt with for years from my childhood. Obviously it is not relevant to share here, and do not want to share in detail, but when I read this sentence of yours, I would like to share one incident which really changed my perception only a couple of years ago.

I remember watching a TV program about some debate in which parents of differently-abled kids were participating. I do not remember the theme nor the program name, but one parent was telling that in the initial stages that he came to know about his child, the parents used to think "why me", but later they realized that God has given them that child only because He knows that those parents will take good care of him, and not leave that child. only then i realized that it relates so well to my situation, and from then on, i used to view things in a different light. of course, it does not mean that my problem has solved, but that incident has helped me to be a better person. also, i feel that God only gives those things which we can handle. and its really heartening to see that your friend has someone like you who can always be by her side in such a trying phase of her life...so I just came by to tell this, although I dont have much knowledge related to your query. I shall pray for your friend to get more strength, and you also keep supporting your friend. There are many ILites here who can share their experience, so wait for a bit more here.

1 person likes this.
  5. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Outofthebox, thanks for sharing your input.

I heard too, only god gives to special people who can handle this situation. But I totally oppose that, then what about cunning people in the world? they should still be happy with normal kids?. so if you do bad we get everything and we're too much good, we should suffer?. Even the God gave her suffer but why can't he show some mercy in the kid? he hasn't improved at al ltill now(zero communication).

Really I appreciate your input, but i felt frustrated when i heard the same thing long time before in one of the TV program. A lady came there to participate in that program having a kid at home. Her kid has to be in the bed all the time and more health complicated issue. She was so angered, when one lady was saying " God know to give only to these special people".

Anyway whatever I feel like crying now..

6. lathamallur

lathamallur New IL'ite

I think it must be just a delayed development as not everyone is same in this world. for some, development is quicker and some people grow up bit late. So relax and she should keep putting effort to get her son upto speed. If everyone develops at a same pace and level, then everyone should become Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Narayan Murthy. It cannot happen that way. So, All this disorders are very subjective. So, don't worry about all that. I have seen my friends who used to very aloof and not talk much when they were 7-8 years old. But, today they are very successful in life.

People here have been really helpful and have given you lot of tips.

One more to add is to try Accupressure. It is similar to Accupuncture without using needles. There are accupressure points which can improve concentration and learning and enhances the brain development. I have myself experienced lot of benefits of accupressure for other things (not brain dev). So, it might really help your friend's kid. One link for SI-5 (concentration and learning) below:

Acupressure point SI-5

All the best!

porsche likes this.
  7. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Lathamallur, really your link is helpful to myself and others who visit this forum. Thanks for providing us valuable information. I wish he grows up as normal kid and praying everyday.

Thanks again :)

All moms please post all your ideas here, if anyone has valuable information.

8. TheBeliever

TheBeliever Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I am staying in the U.S(New Jersey) and ihave a kid(4yrs) who has been diagnosed with mild autism at 2.4yrs...Since then i was into depression for more than a yr...use to frustrate n stress myself a lot...but these days after doing a lot of analysis n research in Autism i learnt a lot abt it by myself and nw i am able to handle ti...And my son is also showing progress drasticaly...Living in U.s is a blessing for me bcos i get a spl education @public school for free and with my insurance am able to get speech therapy and OT for free...Ask ur frnd to talk to her insurance and join a private speech therapy soon..
    It definetely will bring lots of changes in her kid..this process shall take time...so teach urself to go more into their world and understand which will help u to handle them and help n support them to come out of it...But one day u will be surely out of it thou not completely ...They will make us proud one day...they are born to achieve andthey will defnly suceed...they can also lead a normal life like us but needs lot of understanding...Lets pray,support,believe,help and be patient ,we will reep the results for sure..I am expecting to write a success story soon..cheers!!:thumbsup

2 people like this.
  9. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Thanks 'TheBeleiver' for writing in here, definitely your son will succeed. I wish same for all kids with autism.

10. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Also, I have a question with insurance actually we tried to get some therapy through external resource but that was expensive, currently he gets benefit only at public school(really they provide more service).

Could you give me the link or resource where you get the speech as well as other therapy externally other than public school. We live in los angeles, CA.