1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

do you give your kids coffee or tea ?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by rosary, Dec 18, 2009.

1. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

I agree with Vanathi. You must tell that they are drinks for grown ups and be firm as they will not be able to handle the effects at such a tender age.

2. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Rosary,

Once a kid gets addicted to tea, then she might end up drinking more of tea and less of milk. The best is to stick to milk as it is healthy provides calcium, is good for bones and will the baby glow.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  3. rosary

rosary Gold IL'ite

i have also seen some parents giving their kids milk tinted with little tea or coffe in order to mask milk taste and colour .

recently i happened to read somewhere that milk tea loses both the good effects of milk as well as that of tea itself .
    this means its beneficial to drink tea without milk .(thats for adults )(and parents restrain from adding even a drop of tea in milk )

Tea's benefits ruined by milk - Diet and nutrition- msnbc.com

4. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

Thanks to all for this advice.....I have been giving my child tea adding some milk....I only used to give him milk mixed with a tablespoon of Bournvita or Complan or Horlicks but lately i started to give him tea at our teatime...I must discontinue at once. I strictly followed NO-TEA for first two years of his life but then i became careless and i started.