1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

do you forgive your mother in law

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by shilpapriya, Sep 8, 2010.

1. shilpapriya

shilpapriya New IL'ite

To how much extent do you forgive ur mother in law, when she ill treats your Son who is just 10months old.

1. Do u forgiv her if she washes his **** with left over water of clothes washed water.
    2. Do u forgiv her if she bathes him with water used to boil milk bottles.
    3.Do u forgiv her if she gives him unboiled water to drink.( inspite of doctor advices repeatedly done).

4. Do u forgive her if she gives him boiled milk with out monitering.
    5. Do u forgiv her if she leaves my son unattended near the rice cooker, by the tme i return from the office, i see him catching the cooker, putting his hand in steaming rice.
    6. Do u forgiv her if she leaves unattended near the steps, same by the end of the day i see him with bandage on head and hands
    7. Do u forgiv her if she bad mouths about my son, to the relatives saying that he doesn't even allow her to go for toilet in the day course.
    8.Do u forgiv her if she says that she lost her weight by taking care of my son ( plz mind that i have arranged 2 servants for household activities , one cook, one servant to wash clothes, utensils, one for cleaning the house, mopping)
    9.Do u forgiv her if she compares my son with my SIL Son.and says negative about my son.

Plz help ladies, I'm very much disturbed.
    I feel like to walk away from the house.

Pointers needed.
    Help
    Shilpa

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010

2. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

You can only forgive someone if they are sorry for what they did. If your MIL is ill treating your baby, stop her now. Your first concern should be your baby. Forgiving your MIL will come much later.

3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

We can forgive anybody except MIL beacuse she is the first lady you face in your inlaws house who is pretty much least to our expectations. May be, I can't forgive!

4. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

Dear Shilpa
    Don't worry too much about your MIL. take care about your son. that is the most important thing in your life.

5. PinksAndBlues

PinksAndBlues Senior IL'ite

If my MIL hurts me by her words or deeds, I might forget and forgive..
    But when it comes to children, I will never forgive nor forget . No one has a right to hurt children and if anyone does they are out from my list.

6. Roopamanju

Roopamanju Platinum IL'ite

hi,

My MIL is the one who cursed my ten months old baby, from that moment i hate her , i don't even respect or consider her as a woman from then. I would never forgive any creature who abuse a child.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  7. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Shilpa,

If anyone commits such atrocities towards any baby, i will not forgive them. Leave alone mother-in-law, i will not forgive my own mother.

And if anyone dares to do such a thing to my baby, they will repent forever that such a stupid idea ever came into their head.

Coming to your point, kick that pig out of your house (period). I am not saying bcoz she is your MIL. Any such psycho is not fit to live in a house, especially one with a baby. You are a mom and how are you able to tolerate if someone is treating your precious little one like that?

-Lakshmi

8. lotusgirl

lotusgirl Senior IL'ite

whats the child's fathers take on these points?
    Rest of the issues i am not trivialising, but they dont cause physical damage to teh child..

From what you have written it looks like you are having your MIL be the caretaker of the child during the day, albeit with help to do most of the work.. But still shes in charge right? if this is the treatment at home, i am pretty sure mosty of the better daycares would be better suited for the child.
    Talk to your husband.. ignore the bad mouthing/comaprison tlks.. he might not find it important.. but emphasis on the health issues..
    Remove your mil from the equation. You dont need that influence on your child..
    You and your DH decide how to take care of your child & move ahead..

Its not the matter of forgiving or not.. its taking care of the child thats more important here...

9. rsk11584

rsk11584 Silver IL'ite

IF your MIL is doing this much then why dont you yourself take care of your son, whole day as he is only 10 months old, do you think keeping cooks, household helps etc will give a child its mom love, nono im sorry but you are to blame you run after money and position and status whole day and then come in evening and crib that your MIL does this and does that, once you realized she is not interested in taking care of your child you should have sit at home whole day, but you are just not interested to take care of him it seems. Nowadays right after birth ladies are throwing their kids into MIL, Mothers and then where will the child get their mothers love??????? SUch children when grow up they dont get love properly. YOu should realize that you are the biggest person to blame for your child, so leave your job etc everything and whole day sit with your child , you should take care of the child , ..im astonished that none of the ladies here blamed you for not taking care of your 10 month child.

10. padmamalladi

padmamalladi New IL'ite

dear shilpa priya,
    1st u take out u r child from her care.if u think u cannot leave u r job appoint one nice care taker (preferably known person) or u start taking care of u r child .
    every thing will be alright soon
    we can forgive anybody if they commit a mistake with out knowledge but contrary to this is of no excuse.
    bye
    padma