1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

do you feel the way i do, sometimes?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by dakshayaeni, Jan 30, 2012.

1. dakshayaeni

dakshayaeni Silver IL'ite

For no apparent or logical reason, do any one of you feel joy or sorrow. I do. Sometimes I feel I can master and control anything and at times I feel so down that I do not even wish to get back to home from work or even communicate to any friends for that matter. I wonder if any of my IL friends feels the same at times.

Soul which is a complicated mixture of life, conscious, mirror of thoughts pulls my emotions such that its hard for a hard core pro maintain her composure in a structured trajectory. I feel like sharing this with you all and try to know if its the way that girls are by nature or is it to do with me only?

Is it mind over soul or the other way? Its difficult to say actually. We think from our mind but feel from our soul. Or our soul guides our Mind to think in a particular way? Am confused. In an esoteric interpretation of Gita, its the soul that controls our mind and our body is the manifestation of the action and reaction between external and internal stimuli, the original place of kurushetra is thus by one interpretation of Gita is our own bodily self.

Soul not always be just or right, it may lead our mind to think in wrong way too. But life I guess is far beyond right and wrong, black and white. The horizon of soul and mind is almost blurred to us, the common people. Its only the true enlightened spirit or mahatma who knows the distinction between mind and soul and knows when to put mind over soul and soul over mind.

Sometimes, I like to be unconventional, unpredictable, un structured and feel good to be 'sudden'. It is during such times, my logical and earthy thought process stops completely. I cannot think of mundane works like clients, revenue, cooking, children. In fact when I am even typing these words my inner self is rejecting them. Right now when I am writing this i am in one of those phase, ladies...slowly my earthy self now should get back and hope I could focus on my project at hand...dn't know.

Let me know your thoughts.

3 people like this.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Dear Dakshayeni,

I too feel sometimes happy / sad with out any reason.. sometimes its just like that.. and at times some gloom covers our heart & mind.. and at that i too feel like not to talk anyone and not feel like responding to people who cares for me.. and it dies down eventually... It happens sometime.s..

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Yes I do Pallavi, though I don't know if it is "illogical" or "without reason". During our young days when we live with family, society, trying to establish our identities, struggle with pressures of jobs and day to day living, I feel we subconsciously process all our triumphs and falls and that is the cause of our sudden joys or sadness.

However I still don't understand why when I was a kid (less than 10 years old) I used to suddenly feel sad for no apparent reason in the evenings and start crying. My mom used to probe and I used to say I just feel sad. What can a child be so inexplicably sad about? It is a mystery.

2 people like this.
  4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Dakshayeni

Many of us feel happy and all of a sudden one fine day you feel sad without any reason.
    Today is that day for me I don't know why??but is a very low day for me, I don't feel like doing anything. Not even to speak to any one. During such day I sit in IL keep reading something funny, and i get a bit normal. So now I am ok and answering to some of the posts:)
    Might be with the same routine everyday we do feel that way. That is what I feel.....

5. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

yes even i agree on this too..

6. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Tell me about it! Getting out of bed was the hardest thing to do for today. I need to move to a sunny place! Though I forced myself to walk for 2 hrs...started with the idea of staying out for 30 minutes and managed to stretch it to 2 hrs...so my productivity seems to have picked up.

7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Dakshayeani
    This is another kind of deja vu where a feeling revisits us instead of an incident. Feeling sad or happy for no apparent reason is due to a linkage with a long forgotten incident that gets buried in the subconsciousness. In Psychic terminology, this is called clairsentience which deals with emotions manifesting themselves through physical feeling. We become aware of the physical feeling like heaviness of heart, tendency to cry etc but we get no clue about what causes it.

I find your take on mind and soul interesting. Sufism deals with this subject nicely. According to Sufism, a man is a body and a soul or spirit. He has a psyche that keeps tied down to the body but can move over to the spirit if it so desires. Thus a man has a dual existence, one at the body or physical level and the other at the spiritual level. The Spirit remains always what it eternally is. But man is so constituted that that his psyche cannot always remain identified with the spirit. Through 'Sadhana', a man can shift the focus of his psyche from his body to his spirit. Deepak Chopra's 'Ageless body, Timeless Mind' is based on this Sufi concept.
    Sri

4 people like this.
  8. dakshayaeni

I find you all at IL are awesome...IL friends do provide me with a very soft and subtle corner to park my thoughts for any day, for any incident and the kind of feedback that we get are truly enriching for me.

I thank you all and wish to touch your hands, hope you receive the warmth...have a great day ladies!

9. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Nice post. Yes I too know this feeling, happy or sad for no reason. Actually there must be some deep down reason we dont know. Mind is so complicated no ? Your this post made me think and I wrote another post ( yes, you also replied there !) Thank you for making me think and making me write for snippets.

10. dakshayaeni

Yes, I understand your feelings Aruna, in fact I too feel am lost. Today i wish to be led, driven and basically over ridden in all my decisions. It is nice sometimes to follow and obey or is it my mind too numb to think or act...dunno buddy. But cannot focus on work.

Since the morn am with God, Abraham, Moses, Christ and Ishamuel...I am re reading basics of Torah, Bible and others. Trying to know why why still the fight is on when we know nothing is good or bad, right or wrong. Why the hell we do not understand rules of law or prpphetic preachings need to adjust themselves with changing of times. Why we are still clinging on some covenants and taking sides?

The thoughts are killing me Aruna, as of now, I need to get out of this trance as quickly as possible...