1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you expect your husband to discuss the house contract before signing?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Aaruni, Aug 15, 2007.

1. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Dear Aaruni

must say, you have been brave enough to share your life! And thats what you gotta keep up to - being firm, strong and brave!
    we all agree that marriage is a gamble and if you think you are not in such a good position then i would suggest changing your focus from ur undeserving husband to YOURSELF. try and engage yourself in everythying you ever thought of doing - like joining any fitness club maybe, or some dance classes, or just anything that makes you feel special :) forget about your husband's neglect &attitude and live your life with an open mind.
    Also, if celebations are not what your husband wants to get involved in, dont let your son miss out on these things. Birthdays, gifts, are so important for kids! i am sure, if he sees you and your son partying at home, he would be more than enticed to join you guys. So cheer up, fix a regular apponitment in a salon/spa so you geel good about yourself. And use your friends and people like us to share your problems and opinions rather than waiting for ur husband to listen to you. who knows, your positive attitude might bring your husband on track too.

Good luck dear and take care
    Charu..

2. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Aaruni,
    I think it is your right to have your name in the contract.

You have all the right to ask him.

When we planned to buy a house here, he included my name with out my asking.

Before 2 years, In India, when he bought some land for a big sum amount, he did not buy in his name or my name, but his mom's name(i did not tell a word about it. he has a sister too, who is mean).

I started doing a small work here before 2 years which is not into Software field, though i am a Masters graduate in IT. I wanted to do something lite, just to earn a small amount and keep me busy.

He was very nice to me, tha he never asked me for the salary in these 2 years and discussng with him, with the help of bank loan, i invested on a land,on my name recently.

But now he is planning to invest in India on something. This time we are planning to invest together. But i mentioned clearly that i am not bothered whether he is going to invest on his mom's name or his name, but i would prefer to include my name to the investment. I told him patiently that i would feel there is no point in paying the amount if it is in his mom's name only.

We have just started to discuss about investing, it might take a year or two, But i told him clearly so that he knows wat i feel well in advance so that we can avoid mis-understandings.

This might be bad on my part, but this is the way i am. Hope he understands me.

3. sreejag

sreejag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Aaruni,
    I think it is your right to have your name in the contract.

You have all the right to ask him.

When we planned to buy a house here, he included my name with out my asking.

Before 2 years, In India, when he bought some land for a big sum amount, he did not buy in his name or my name, but his mom's name(i did not tell a word about it. he has a sister too, who is mean).

I started doing a small work here before 2 years which is not into Software field, though i am a Masters graduate in IT. I wanted to do something lite, just to earn a small amount and keep me busy.

He was very nice to me, tha he never asked me for the salary in these 2 years and discussng with him, with the help of bank loan, i invested on a land,on my name recently.

But now he is planning to invest in India on something. This time we are planning to invest together. But i mentioned clearly that i am not bothered whether he is going to invest on his mom's name or his name, but i would prefer to include my name to the investment. I told him patiently that i would feel there is no point in paying the amount if it is in his mom's name only.

We have just started to discuss about investing, it might take a year or two, But i told him clearly so that he knows wat i feel well in advance so that we can avoid mis-understandings.

This might be bad on my part, but this is the way i am. Hope he understands me.

4. ln3090

ln3090 New IL'ite

5. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Old thread!

1 person likes this.