1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you crossdress your kid?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sunny2009, May 24, 2010.

1. sunny2009

sunny2009 New IL'ite

Hi I'm a mother of 1 year old boy.I always wanted a baby girl, and whenever I go out dlfor shopping for my son I get tempted to buy cute frocks and other girls clothes.But I never dressed my son as a girl. Just wanted to know has anyone done cross dressing their kid , just for fun or photo shoot. do share your experiences.thanq

Similar Threads
    1. leena30
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

I have done. :hide: I so wanted(want) a girl baby and I even bought one cute dress for her(him). I could not part with that dress even when my son was 1 yr old.. And then DH let me dress up my son in that dress and we took some pictures. WOW.. (s)he looked so cute in that dress. (The dress says, "Little Girls are from Heaven").
    And after some time again I got so tempted and I dressed my then 2 yr old son in my pink sleeveless slip (that looked like a frock on him :biglaugh) and took some pictures. (s)he looked damn cute in that again.

Not sure what my DS would say when he grows up and gets to see those pics. :hide:

But now he would not let me to or even I would not put thoughts into him to cross dress. Once he asked for a doll furniture play set deemed to be girl's toy and DH was like NO. Then I convinced him and bought DS that set which could retain his interest for less than a week. So much for my arguing with DH to buy that one!:spin Now.. all 3 of us got over the girlie stuff.. :biglaugh

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  3. DDC

DDC Silver IL'ite

I have few pics of DS in lehanga, frocks etc. I have one of the pics on display & he swears it his sis not him. I am keeping it so I can blackmail him if he brings home a girl I dont like :) Nothing wrong just a few times but if you have a whole wardrobe of girls clothes or force him then there is an issue. Just have a girl soon.

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

I've done that - once. It was right before his mottai and I knew it would be the last time my DS had so much hair so I took a lot of pics with him in a borrowed pattu pavadai and of course they are cute (which mom would think otherwise?)! I have no probs with him playing with dolls etc because I dont think of toys as boy/girl toys and he has a pink shirt but thats as far as it goes.

Vanathi.

1 person likes this.
  5. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

my case.. My daughter refuses to wear girly clothes & insists on pure Boy's range... also my son looks v v cute in frocks...

So yes... I've crossdressed my son 2-3 times (DH -> :notthatway:) and DD is beyond my control already & daily in boys dress... infact she insists that I put girls dress to my son who feels shy :biglaugh.

6. sunny2009

sunny2009 New IL'ite

Wow Good to see so many reolies. So I'm not the only who want to cross dress the kid.
    Ok then, I ll also follow all of u and one fine day i'll buy the frills frock which was soooooo beautiful and ll dress my little son in that.
    Wish me luck :)

7. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Why wait for 'one fine day'.. Do it, when your 'little' son is little. :biglaugh
    As time goes by, he may have a mind of his own. :crazy

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  8. ckavya

ckavya New IL'ite

hi friends,

i had also dressed my elder son in a girl dress. he looked so beautiful and pretty. now iam planning to do the same with my younger also.Before his mottiah with long hair.

i dressed my son in pattu pavada.

some time when the kids are below one year we can dress them.

Once they recognize things they will not like to dress like a girl.

these snaps are like some good memories.

May be we can upload some of these photos.

Cheers,
    Kavya:)

9. shree2010

shree2010 New IL'ite

I have done it once and thoroughly enjoyed it (but my son didnt, so had to give up).

10. sonalik75

sonalik75 New IL'ite

I just came across this thread. Never thought I would come across such a thread here.
    My aunt used to dress up my cousin as a girl. He used to play with us dressed like that and we used to treat him just like any other girl. As he was just a few months younger to me he used to share my frocks & skirts. She used to dress him up till he was 15/16 which I found a bit odd. But he looked just like any other girl his age and no one would have ever gussed his real gender.