1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you care if you DH replies to your parents' emails/msgs?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by klniha, Mar 24, 2014.

1. klniha

klniha Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

My mom emailed my DH some article that might be of interest to him. Ever since my mom told me this and my husband checks his email regularly, I have been checking her email to see if he replied, saying thank you or anything. I have always had issues with him being shy and too reserved and not making calls, talking freely with my folk, these instances just tire me off thinking about it. I sometimes wish they dint email/msg anything so I wouldn't have any expectations but then I want them all to interact freely. AAArghhh!!! :( Since morning, I have been only worried about why my mom dint get a reply. He is ok when I force him to talk or wish them but is not a great conversationalist, he was rude to my parents sometimes in the past when he dint approve of something they did. What do you guys think?

2. ananyakiran

ananyakiran Gold IL'ite

I know its annoying, but it can be let go right??
    Just ask ur DH to reply to the email.DH must have thought ok i received the articles and thats the end, few people dont have the habit of replying to mails sent by family members.

3. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Don't sweat the small stuff! I receive so many emails a day and something forwarded (such as the article your mum sent) never gets a priority to reply. I don't reply all my MIL's emails and don't expect her to say thank you for every email I send her. And, my MIL and I are sort of buddies. Keep your expectations low and be happy!

4. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Do u have ur dh's password?

If its bothering u so much, just say thank you from his account. Problem solved.

3 people like this.
  5. klniha

klniha Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

Thank you! But its not exactly a fwded mail. More like an article related to his profession, so she addressed it saying his name.... xyz... pls read this when u find time.

I don't have his password.

6. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

I would gently suggest dh to reply and then leave it at that. He is an adult and decide how we wants to manage his relationships.

Just as I wouldn't want constant reminder about how I should be talking to his mother either :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  7. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Agree with Anamolai. I also noticed your another post re your dh keeping everything that his mum sents and you found that weird. Well, he may find your constant reminders weird as well. And in my opinion, unless someone really writes an email (say for instance, your mom asked him a question, wrote things about jow they're doing, anything of personal sort), any other information (thst includes articles) falls in 'not so important' category. BTW, why do you check your mom's email?

8. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Sharing articles or some links.. that doesn't need a reply.. yes, if its proper mail then your DH must answer..

1 person likes this.
  9. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Klniha,

While you have your reasons for why you are doing this, I think you should stay off your DH's inbox, as such petty thinks bother you so much. If you keep micro-managing, at one point he would lock you out. Please use your liberties sensibly.

Checking his emails to make sure some major/critical emails do not get missed out is Ok. (like bill payments or builder notices etc) But, this level of scrutiny would make anyone uncomfortable. Please take a step back.

Cheers,
    JM

2 people like this.
  10. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Hun, for this kind of emails, don't bother. Don't be so aggressive in getting them to have a close relationship with each other. As long as both parties are cordial with each other, you have nothing to worry. Don't get into telling ppl what to do at a microscopic level. It will irritate them and may backfire.

Hang in there and chill