1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you believe in horoscope matching?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ennaye, Jan 16, 2009.

1. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

After reading about the difficulties experienced by so many of the girls, I have been wondering how many had their horoscopes matched before their marriage?

And also how effective this matching has been?

2. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

We had our horoscopes done before marriage just to see, but we decided whether they matched or not we would still get married (we had love marriage). :kiss

And you know, I think there is a lot of potential for fraud in these horoscope matchings. For example, the couple is going for marriage, boys parents are against it.... they go to the family astrologer, the astrologer KNOWS the family is against the marriage, is the astrologer really going to write it's a good match and potentially lose his job in their family? Or is he going to write whatever will keep the family coming back to him for his services....

That story is what happened to us! Surprise surprise, our horoscopes didn't match. :rotfl

I think they're a fun thing to do as part of tradition, but I really don't think much serious thought should be put into them. I definitely don't think they should be the deciding factor in matching a boy and girl. Horoscopes can't make or break a marriage. Only the couple involved can do that.

But to each their own. 8)

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I do not believe in them. My horoscope is a perfect match to my husband but we have had major problems in communication and other things and came close to separating. I wouldnt feel I would have done it if I knew this before hand.

4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear friends,
    mine was arranged marriage so the horoscope were matched.
    it did not match perfectly but enough to give the pundit's nod.yes,if the horscope had not matched i would not have married him.
    well,to be extra sure we got it matched by two different pundits.both gave their answer in affirmative.and i am happy enough to say their calculations were correct,indead we r well matched.
    pragati

5. ennaye

ennaye Silver IL'ite

According to our vedic astrology it is often mentioned that girls should have a very strong moon in their hoeroscope. This is because after marriage they are transplanted from one family into another. Coping up with this change of environment is never easy. Moon represents the strength of mind.

After reading of the experiences of all the girls here I find there is some truth in what our ancients said about the strength of Moon in a girls' horoscope. One really needs to be mentally very strong to be able to withstand all the barbs that one faces from the family one marries into.

So everybody, chin up!! And don't be weak!!

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I don't believe in it. I've seen marriages in my close family that were done after perfect horoscope matching completely fail (divorce). And, in my case, no horoscope matching, and we are quite well suited and deserve each other :-D.

I think more useful would be to match horsocope of girl and future MIL... Really, instead of girl and boy privately talking to each other during the bride/groom hunt process, the girl and prospective MIL should have a few frank private chats! In the kitchen preferably.Big Laugh

But, if I had gone for an arranged marriage, and there were 2 matches that both seemed equally good, I might have chosen to go with the one where horoscopes were more matching.

7. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

LOL, Rihana, that was funny.
    But frankly I too think the same. Mil's and Dils should get their horo matched.
    I had an arranged marriage. So I didnt have a choice.Our horoscopes matched perfectly and we are living happily..so far:)
    Personally, I don't think horoscope matching is important. I have seen many marriages breaking down, even after a perfect horoscope matching and also very succesful marriage without horoscope matching. In essence, a marriage will work out with mutual love, commitnent, understanding and forgiveness.....( and good inlaws are an added benefit, but not an absolute necessity). So, I beleive two peoples can make a strong marriage , and rest are just accesories.
    _Nitha

nolife and sindmani like this.
  8. rrajago

rrajago New IL'ite

My two cents. I think people think about love / getting along / soft stuff when they think about horoscope matching. For people who believe its a science, these horoscope may help. But I think its the more mundane stuff that may be helpful like:
    If its a bad time for the boy in terms of job, may be its a good time for the girl. bad and good are relative and it depends on so may factors, but just like we diversify our stock portfolio, it probably has merit to match horoscopes so that there is some balance between good times and bad times. Of course, no substitute to treating everyone and spouses nicely.

9. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Not too sure how much it matters. i thought until yesterday that it does not matter. But,after having a lot of rough patches with my DH in the last few weeks i am forced to remind myself the fact that our horoscopes did not match too and we went ahead because we liked each other.

10. vimala1957

vimala1957 Bronze IL'ite

Horoscope matching is a system in India and may be a few more countries. But it is not heard of in other parts of the world. That does not mean there are no happy marriages else where or there are no breakups. But yes, getting into a marriage bond, both should love and respect each other, care for the feelings of each other and to some extent compromise on certain matters. The domination of any one, be it male or female would yield bad results. SO understanding , love, respect, care and the like traits are more important - this is my view