1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you Believe in ghosts??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Arunarc, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What are souls or say wandering ghosts??

It is a type of negative energy, where people get trapped. People who die suddenly, who has unnatural death, unfulfilled wishes, I think these souls keep wandering, and enter into a weaker body and try to fulfil they wishes through that person.....

And people call these souls ghost...I’m right here???

You might be wander why such serious topic from me, isn't it:)
    Ok to tell you the truth I really don’t believe in ghosts or these souls. The purpose of writing this is, this has happened to one of my dear one. And I am still not able to digest this ghost entering into her body.

This lady(M) had just undergone a very big surgery and was taking full bed rest for nearly 4 months and she was very very weak. Since she was feeling a bit better her DH thought will take her to some hill station so that she will be fresh again and a bit change for her. She is a very sober person and down to earth. She enjoyed and came back home. Unaware that someone else too has come with them home. As soon as she came home she fell sick. Her in-laws thought becoz of weakness and excitement of the holiday she might not be keeping well called the doctor and got her checked with some examinations and tests. Everything came out normal. Her in laws were not able to find out what is wrong with her. One day she stated speaking something in English muttering continuously, that time her MIL came to know that this is something else, we need to show her to some swami ji. That was done and came to know that some lady has entered into her body and that lady told them that she doesn’t want anything but she wants mukti. That lady was an anglo Indian of 50 to 55 years old. Then M’s in laws made all arrangements to give the soul mukti and now from last few days M is fine.

Now hearing this incident I am in the fix, if to believe that ghost exist or not. We hear many such stories, but never gave a thought on this. I use to just laugh away telling this is all rubbish. But now I really don’t know.

I really want to know your views on this. :bonk

2. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

dear aruna,

i really dont know anything more about evil and ghost but sometime by looking at people who really undergo such tremours have to belive such facts.i have encountered people who are hospitalised as nervous breakdown due to which they tend to show up varities in behaviour and moun things in a very new language .eventhough science and medicine grant them their own terms.what about the powerful strength and energy which these people pose during this time(no explanations in science) it really requires a couple of strong people to control the same weak person during posession why so???????????

in our area we celebrate 2nd nov as ATHMAday. members of each family tend to lit a candle in their dearones graveyard.i have seen that in manygrave the candles would not lit even its tried by many. my own maternal greatgrandpas graveyard which we visit on this day would only get lit when lighted by my grandpa who was his alltime favourite.why so....?

i really dont know these spirits exist are not ,are they good are evil. but i just like to belive in them.
    as they say good overrides evil and belief is everything which guides us and and guards as from evil spirits.

many may laugh at what i feel but every feeling cannot be explained.

1 person likes this.
  3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna...,
    I beleive it after i got proof though before that I kept neutral stance ...

My own granMa died suddenly and 20 days after her death, happened to enter my aunts body n spoke to all her children.. Boy the voice was same....

4. Bpremalatha

Bpremalatha Gold IL'ite

I dont believe in Devils/ghosts....
    Yeah but am scared of them, if they exists...

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna
    Your opening sentence is a bit misleading! When you talk of ‘wandering ghosts’, do you imply that there are sedentary ghosts too? I have heard of ghosts that hang upside down from trees like the ‘betal’ that Vikramaditya tried to subdue. I have also heard of very old people who remained confined to their beds for decades before their departure becoming ghosts and doing all the wandering with a vengeance to catch up with all that they had missed when alive. They had hardly any intention to repeat what they did throughout their lives namely sitting. I am a bit intrigued about your mention of wandering ghosts. The hallmark of a good ghost is to keep wandering. The moment they sit down, they are treated as outcastes by their kith and kin.

Whether I believe in ghosts or not, the movie makers swear by them. Even such directors of repute as Spielberg have made use of ghosts as subjects for their movies. Some of them like The Exorcist have even won the Oscar! But your observation about negative energy getting trapped in weak bodies makes an interesting reading. We all know that two negatives make a positive. So a negative energy fusing with a weak body becomes brutally powerful as we see in some of the movie ghosts.

Another interesting point that you have made is that even after dying and becoming a ghost, a person retains his linguistic preferences. The ghost of the Anglo-Indian lady entering your friend’s body made your friend to mutter in English. But what I fail to understand is her seeking ‘mukti’ which is not a term an Anglo-Indian would be familiar with. This only shows that her linguistic preference is stronger than her spiritual one!
    Sri

6 people like this.
  6. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Can I put in my views here ??? Provided if Admin/Moderator approves :)

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

And I am still wondering Aruna even after your explanation! Well after reaidng the entire story I am only glad to hear that M is fine and I can only imagine if you have known her well personally!

Understanding this world that we can see and feel with our 5 senses is hard enough phew try understanding that paranormal and the netherworld! Reading the story you have shared made me think of my Guru and God and send a couple of prayers seeking protection early in the morning! And at the mention of "The exorcist" by Cheeniya sir, I am also reminded of Ghost busters and who can ever forget the Sixth Sense - I loved Bruce Willis there!

If it helps you Aruna, there are many unknowns there including the aliens and the like, so all we can do still as human beings is to live in that state of wonder and hopefully with more joy and admiration!

2 people like this.
  8. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

There are so many things that are unexplained by science and defy rational belief and existence of ghosts is one of them. There are many perfectly sane people who have claimed to have seen or experienced a paranormal activity. I am a fence sitter in this matter... dont want to believe but dont want to totally discount its existence either (i dont want to incur wrath if they exist hehehe)

Ghost hunters was one of my favourite shows... certain things shown there defied explanation., but the show left to the viewer to decide what they wanted to believe. A desi version of american ghost hunters was shown in one of the indian channels and the haunted houses, possessed people did give me the heebeejeebees...

3 people like this.
  9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Oooooohhhhh aruna,

the post gave me a very spooky feeling.

No, I do not believe in ghosts but was terrified about them when I was a kid. my mom always consoled me saying there is no place for human beings in the world, then how could these poor ghosts survive ?

but now that you say they enter a living persons body, moms explanation doesnt hold true, doesn't it?.

Reminds me of an incident from my school days. one of our class mates said her sister was posessed by a ghost and used to talk loudly in some strange voice.this continued for 2- 3 days she said and that they taped the voice and she invited us over if we wanted to listen.
    Of course,no guesses here whether I ever went anywhere near her house for my remaining years in school. LOL.

2 people like this.
  10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

. I have also heard of very old people who remained confined to their beds for decades before their departure becoming ghosts and doing all the wandering with a vengeance to catch up with all that they had missed when alive. They had hardly any intention to repeat what they did throughout their lives namely sitting. I am a bit intrigued about your mention of wandering ghosts. The hallmark of a good ghost is to keep wandering. The moment they sit down, they are treated as outcastes by their kith and kin.

hahaha cheeniya sir :rotfl:rotfl

1 person likes this.