Do You Beleive In Rahu Kalam

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by sunkan, Dec 6, 2007.

1. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I generally dont believe in this..But my In Laws family they follow these Customs...

I remember an Incident which made me go Furious..It was the Day when we were leaving to US and then suddenly it was found that the time we start , the Nakshatra is my Hubbys Birth Star...and one is not supposed to Travel on the Birth Star Day :drowning...So we started nearly 6 Hours before the flight from our Hous (so that we avoid starting at a Particular Time)..and was killing time in the Airport

2. sk271210

sk271210 New IL'ite

:) for such things, say we need to go out on an important event and raahu kaalam falls during this time, what we do is simply put out the slippers /shoes out the door to imply that we have already left before raahu and one can leave anytime after that..

But mostly, it is still believed that its better to leave before raahu kaalam begins. As somebody said previously out in this thread, for routine things as going to office, if we are leaving at a particular time and raahu kaalam falls , we normally dont abide.

for important things, with the mind block, we do do these small antics :)

3. meensatwork

meensatwork Bronze IL'ite

I thought of posting a question about this and found it here. I too don't know why they see rahu kalam and yemakandam.Usually people won't start from house to any place or purchase any new thing during this time. Somebody has explained that it is one way of devoting time for poojas.If that's the case,then why the time is different everyday?