Do you allow your kids to have their food in front of the Television?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Jul 19, 2009.

Do you allow your kids to have their food in front of the Television?

1. Yes

177 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. No

131 vote(s)
    22.7%
  3. Sometimes Yes

270 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. Elvee

Elvee Gold IL'ite

It is very difficult to make my kid eat. So i started to spoon feed him whenever he is watching his fav. shows. Even now its the same. I am trying to bring him out of that habit though. Whenever everyone is here and having dinner, theres no TV.

2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

3. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

:eek:mg:Never knew TV could do that much damage!!

4. nmmail

nmmail New IL'ite

Infact i have always given food to my daughter in front of the TV only, as beinlg totally engrossed in watching i can feed her anything otherwise she will not allow a single tiny corriander leaf or a small tomato pulp into her mouth.As long as kids are having healthy,balanced food infront of tv or anywhere i don't feel anything wrong.After a certain age children will start following all the rules and regulations by themselves.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  5. Amuathiy

Amuathiy New IL'ite

Hai,
    The taste buds will not open when they watch tv while eating. they r finishing their food, not enjoying the taste. he is just enjoying the cartoons. pl. try to slowly change their habbits.:thumbsup all the best.

amutha

6. crazybuoy

crazybuoy New IL'ite

No i cannot allow to my childern
    :cheers

7. sushmi

sushmi New IL'ite

hi,
    here is sumthing different,my kids(3 yrs and 18 months) always watchs TV(cartoon)..but when its time for food i change the channel,sumtimes they cry..but i say,first u hav to finish ur food and then i will change the channel.so till then its mamma time to watch TV,they both sit by my side and eat very fast and just after finishing, my elder daughter says..i m done, now cartoon time.
    so in this way they eat their food in front of TV (but cannot watch their cartoons)and finish it fast in order to watch their cartoon next..

sushmi

8. RAJA2709

RAJA2709 New IL'ite

I have 3 children:)partyage 13,16 &18 years).From very begining I made it a rule no family member will take food while watching:bangcomp: TV.Initially there was lot of resistance:bonk:bowdown,but now every body accepted it:cheers :goodidea::clap.In dinining table we all ( me,wife and the 3 children) ,sit together ,(of course for dinner only because for lunch every body has different time as per school and office time) discuss full day's activity and enjoy dinner.during this time TV is switched off,we have dinner time as 8.00pm,so that prime time serials can be enjoyed by every body.
    Due to this there is harmony:cheers in the family,and every body enjoys it. My children:) they share there all problems with us,all the 3 are toppers of there classes,and very popular student of DPS schoolBow.