Do you allow your dog to sleep on your bed?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by abcd5, Aug 2, 2012.

1. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

My father was a veterinarian here in USA and this is what he told clients who worried about dogs and germs:
    Housedogs acquire the same bacteria assortment of their owners so from a germ standpoint they are just like the human members of the family. As to giving people diseases, most dog diseases do not pass to humans but many human diseases pass to dogs so we make them sick and not other way around. As to getting worms from them, most worms are acquired by ingesting the worm eggs in fecal material so the care must be taken as to where you walk your dog so they don't become infected. Getting worms from dogs is unlikely.

2 people like this.
  2. devika90

devika90 New IL'ite

Hi Dear,

It’s your personal choice where you want your dog to sleep, so I don’t feel like commenting on it. I too have a dog and he likes to sleep. But, I usually don’t allow my dog to sleep on my bed so, I bought a Classic Lounger Dog bed. It’s a stylish bed made with acme grade soft fabric and high density foam. My dog loves the comfort and now he mostly sleeps there.

Thank You!

3. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

we dont allow our pet animals sleep on our bed as even though we keep it clean , still it is an animal and it emanates a smell and one or two of its fur may also be seen on the bed in the morning sticking on the bed which we dont like

4. kitty89

kitty89 Silver IL'ite

My Chocolate is mostly at home is kept neat always. So yes, he does sleep on the bed.

Pug mom :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Diana123

Diana123 New IL'ite

I am [TABLE="width: 125"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 125"]diana123[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    I have a pet animals in my house. Dog is a domestic and faithful animal. When I talk about its sleeping in bed room then I think so in various senses it create a problem for us, if we kept one thing in our mind that is hygiene and proper vaccines. Then I think so no issue to keep dogs in our bed room.
    Thanks

6. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

Sorry for the very late reply
    My dog won't sleep on my bed
    You can buy your dog a small bed for dogs
    Regards,
    Sahana

7. abcd5

abcd5 Silver IL'ite

Thanks everyone. I just logged in to my id after a long time. My PIL went back to India and my Dog sleeps in my bed.

2 people like this.
  8. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi abcd5,

Happy news and there you have one lucky happy doggie who got his sleeping on your bed RIGHTS restored!! LOL

1 person likes this.