Do you allow your dog to sleep on your bed?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by abcd5, Aug 2, 2012.

1. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

Oh yes, my darling dog keeps my toes warm as toast in bed, every night.

2. workhard

workhard Senior IL'ite

we used to allow my snoopy to sleep with us when it is untill 1 yr old, later we thought its not gud for us as its fur can cause some respiratory infections, then we prepared a small bed for it and let him sleep on it

3. Shylajasanthosh

Shylajasanthosh Silver IL'ite

my dog sleeps on our bed. there is noth wrong with it at all.. Infact they feel very happy and protected when they have us around

4. ashwinikanchi

ashwinikanchi Bronze IL'ite

our dog used to sleep on the bed, but when he felt dad my was coming he used to jump down and go under the bed

1 person likes this.
  5. bindu890

bindu890 New IL'ite

my dog likes to sleep only on grass,

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  6. sanjanamehra

sanjanamehra New IL'ite

I personally don't have a dog but two of my very good friends do...they don't really have a problem when the dog sleeps on the bed, especially when its a puppy. But when its big dogs, its like three people sleeping on a double bed. In such cases, you can buy pet beds, or more specifically dog beds. I checked out a whole range online the other day..Go for it!!!

7. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

I have a lab at my moms place..before marriage there was never a day when he was not on my bed..he had his head on the pillow beside me and slept so well..just had to tolerate the grunts he made while asleep:)....he is smart dog and does not seem to make any attempt to climb up on the bed now..may because my DH is always around...LOL:rotfl

Having said that there is nothing wrong in allowing pets to sleep on the bed as long as they are clean...they are part of the family ..that's my opinion...

2 people like this.
  8. taanisharma

taanisharma New IL'ite

it's better to not allow them on bad , he should sleep in his own basket or on cushan on floor , they should have their own space same like kids , usually kids have their own room , bad everything in home so why not for dog

after kids u will face problem coz with toddlers this is not correct to allow pets on bad , unhygienic for toddler nd then it would be hard to change his(dog) habit

9. Gjcoolady

Gjcoolady Senior IL'ite

Love your pets but better not to allow them on bed esp if you have small kids. I would like to narrate an incident here. One of our family friend, a surgeon, was so fond of his dog,a lab, that he called it his son. This son would sit alongside him on the dining table, sleep in his bed, lick his face while he would kiss the pet. This went on when the family had a daughter and then a son. One day our friend came home and cuddled his toddler son kissed him while the dog watched. Suddenly the dog attacked the boy and bit his face badly injuring him cutting his upper lip into two. The family was stunned. Thankfully being a surgeon he took control of the situation quickly but the boy,now a young man still have that scar on his face. Though this did not change their love for the dog, eating sleeping with them and licking/kissing etc stopped. I know some of you will say that dog simply became jealous but thats the point. One cant predict their actions and sometimes its dangerous. Their hair etc can cause allergies too.

10. taanisharma

taanisharma New IL'ite

it's not dog's fault , they are like kids , they become jealous if u love other kids , my dog hate so much and bark when i touch other kids or dogs , she simply don't like it , so i have to careful and keep this in mind that when i love someone she should not feel left out LOL