Do you adjust easily when changing a job?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by KiranUs, Jan 15, 2008.

1. KiranUs

KiranUs New IL'ite

Maybe you are not satisfied with your ob and you want to change it, or maybe you have already been through this.
    How do you deal with this problem: changing a job.

Is it stressful or do you adjust easily to a new workplace?

2. Rashmita

Rashmita New IL'ite

I never had a problem in adjusting to a new environment in general, not only when it comes to changing work places... I am very sociable and 'fit' easily in new groups. I usually try to find out the most I can about my future co-workers, so that I have what to relate on at the beginning... I try to understand the best I can the way things are going around, how they work, and try not to complain until I know the situation very well.

3. KiranUs

KiranUs New IL'ite

I still don't know if i would have a problem adjusting.
    I fit in nicely when i got this job but haven't changed it since :)
    I am pretty friendly and i think can easily fit in if i were to change my job. But these are just thoughts.. I am not planning on changing my job too soon but it's nice to think that it wouldn't be a problem.

4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

When I changed my job about a year ago - it was intentional. There is always the issue of not knowing what you are getting into - whether the grass on the other side is just greener. I took my time in accepting a new position. Yes, there were some apprehensions - new surroundings, new culture as well as my role in the new office. I am an outgoing person - so, I was able to mingle and fit in - but at the same time, I had left behind some very good friends and I knew that I may not make such friends again. A year later - I have fit in and made friends - not like the ones I had but different and have had no problem adjusting. It all depends on how open minded and accepting one is of new surroundings and people.

5. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Dear Frds,
    This is my first job in USA and I am working here since two years and still not changed my job yet.......but will be looking for one very soon as my present company is relocating and I don't want to move alone leaving my husband.
    I don't find its difficult to adjust in a new environment especially here in USA, what I observed here is, people are really open minded and easily mingle with each other. And most important thing is that, we have more freedom here unlike India. I am a real choosy one in making frds and never find it difficult here when you have a chance to interact with people from different culture, I mean it's so much nice here.
    Regards.

6. Rakshana

Rakshana New IL'ite

I am a very easy going person and have the talent to adjust easily to any new environment. This helps me feel "at home' realy fast in any situation. I did have to change jobs from time to time and didn't face any problems so far.