1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do women really continuing her friendships after marriage as before like men??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by cinderella06, Oct 27, 2010.

1. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Do women really continuing her friendships after marriage as before like men? I say no........shakehead

She is losing 50% of friends after marriage, 30% after child,remaining 20% she doesnt know when she lost them... :cry: even in this web world..how many of them have contacts with their friends through social networking sites and mail's?(how many of them using or active) I feel men are more lucky comparing to women in this..:crazy weekend outings,sometime weekdays,spending more time with friends after office hours etc..(everyone should have their personal experience,fight regarding this :rant)do you think women can do this when she is in a family with child,ILWs
    what do you think??:roll:

1 person likes this.

2. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

it really depends from person to person , and how is her married life n also is her H is ok with male frnds.

I'm in touch with most of my friends thru mails, FB or calling them.. free ph voyage :thumbsup

I have know my 6 best frnds since I was 8 ... I still remember We used to write letters to each other when schools were closed for summer... gosh thinking abt thoses days technology has bought so much change :crazy

I made more frnds after my marriage.. my DH frnds r also my frnds.

3. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

women can do anything she wants. but she should want to do it :)

Do women really continuing her friendships after marriage as before like men? NOT ALL.

i have seen many women who are not in touch after marriage, kids.
    Most of my friends who are housewifes are not in touch.

my husband encourages me to go out and have time with my girlfriends.
    we have few common friends we meet during weekends.

it is all upto what WE want in life :)

Cheers,
    Archana :thumbsup

4. Mom2499

Mom2499 Senior IL'ite

This is my opinion that if women need to maintain friendships after marriage, they need total support from their husbands to continue such friendships (just as they had their parents support before marriage).

My Hubby is great about this and he helps me to communicate to others as I have need and when I need it. It is healthy for both spouses to maintain good friendships.:exactly:

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

This is not a woman/man thing. Its a personality and the effort to retain friends. Varies from person to person.

6. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

I accept this..:iagree but in this case its not only the women/ man thing or personality issue..

as Mom2499 said
    she need support from her DH.. not only DH if she lives in joind family..from whole family....

as archana said

this is the reality...:redface:

i also accept rosenav
    but if dh didnt support not only to male friends, gal friends too..then how can she continue her past friendship as before :hide:..and most of the men dont waite for his wifes support to enjoy his friendship world..:evil:

thanks for the input friends.......:-D

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

There really is no permission required to be in touch with friends. If someone says you need permission, you need to tell them "No, I dont need permission".

8. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Now that we have extensive communication techniques its easy to sit at one place and reach out to friends all around the world. Cellphones and internet(IM,orkut) are common nowdays and so its easy to remain connected.

But before 10 years, the scenario was different...one landline in the house.....once in a month v may go to browsing center to check emails and in due course may even get the account locked or forget the password...and so it was tough for a girl to maintain friends.

Girls dont travel much to friends places and mostly after marriage they relocate to a new place and after a kid is born where is the time for ourselves..for 2 yrs its only the kid and kid.

It was very tough for a girl to maintain friends then...but current college/school girls will not have the problem...they will stay connected wherever they go and however they settle.

9. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

hmm, a universal truth!!!Due to all social and personal responsibilities women has no time to look after herself. So, where is the time for freinds? Though she can give a call, but her friends are also busy right?Sometimes both the parties endup in disappointment. But not the case with guys, if they want they can go in person and meet or call frequently.

I have couple of good freinds who are working nearby offices to me, but we never meet for the past few years but we make sure that we mail everyday or atleast weekly so that we get whereabouts.

True, maintaining freinds varies from person to person but a woman is a first and biggest looser in maintaining friends.

10. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Yes college folks of today can permanently stay in touch with Facebook, orkut etc. Very easy.