1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do women always have to do all work?Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sadhana, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sadhana

all members have given very good advices. I wud just like to add here that, having a housemaid, or cooking maid wud sort out all the problems... you wud be happy and ur MIL wud also be happy. if you dont want a full time maid, u can just get a maid who cooks b'fast and lunch in the morning when you all are at home and then again comes in the evening for cooking the dinner, for the weekdays.

and when free on weekends you wud urself feel and would have the urge to do a lot of cooking and cleaning, automatically. that way you wud also be satisfied. everyone in a household should come to an agreement, by which everyone has freedom and nobody is made to feel guilty for doing or not doing something.

Working at the same time and doing all the household work is really difficult... you shud tell you husband that, you are making money, whether you contribute to household or you save it... it is goin to be for u and ur husband's future only... so you deserve this much of luxury at least...

~Abha

2. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Hi Sadhna,

Congrats newly wed! Don't worry about these things. As many ilites suggested earlier, just hire a maid. You like it or not, that's the only way you can have time for yourself. If the rest of the family is not happy with the idea f a maid, they surely will tell you, so take the opporunity and express your difficulty. Never Ever compare, especially if your hubby likes his Mom a lot.

I can understand your position, but guess you should enjoy your newly wedded life more rather than always doing the chores. Go out and have fun. Always keep a positive spirit.

All the best.

sindmani likes this.
  3. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi Sadhna,

On days when you feel tired after a gruelling day at office, tell your husband about it. Tell your in-laws that you feel tired and would like some rest. There is nothing wrong in it. As humans we all get tired sometime or the other. In course of time they will understand.

My MIL was a person who loved to do all work herself, so I did not face this problem. But there were times when I felt like doing something and I could'nt because she would insist on doing everything herself.

Rgrds,
    Nivedi

sindmani likes this.