1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do u take your kids to movie theaters?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by anika987, Aug 4, 2013.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Many in India do that.We all grew up going to the movies and we have grown up ok. Many people in USA also do that.Some of our Indian friends are against that and they never take kids to the movies.I agree we should avoid violent and vulgar movies but other than that I personally feel it is ok.

What re your thoughts?do u take them or do u not?thx.

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I do take my son to cinema halls.
    But yes i take him for only those movies which we can enjoy as a FAMILY.
    When i was expecting my baby i stopped going to cinema halls and we resumed going there when my son turned 4.

1 person likes this.
  3. justchill

justchill Bronze IL'ite

I dont go myself, so no question of taking them..

4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

I am not big movie going person but do take the kids & their friends occasionally as treat or in hoildays.
    I took my elder son when he was 2.6 yrs old but neither he nor we enjoyed it.next we took him when he was 5 yrs old & he had a ball.so i feel its good older children.my younger son who turned 5 this year will start going soon & I hope he will enjoy it.

but as rule I take them to cartoon movies which are of small duration...........

1 person likes this.
  5. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

I do take them but my ds didn't enjoy going till he was 4 yrs or so. Then he was ok sitting for a Disney movie as they are shorter. Eventually he was ok for family Bollywood movies. Now that he is 17 he doesn't like any Bollywood movies. My dd started going around age 4 too and she loves Bollywood. I am choosy which movies I let her come to as these days the scenes are bit too much and some movies are very violent.

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I sure will take my DD when I know she is able to sit in one place for 2 hours straight...probably after 4 years. I cant wait to resume going back to movies ...lol

2 people like this.
  7. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

when my sons were small , we used to take them to the movie but we see that it is fit to watch with children,We mostly select comedy, family oriented movies and action movies and avoid crime related and romance related movies

2 people like this.
  8. hotchillipepper

hotchillipepper Gold IL'ite

I am not much into watching movie outside so i never missed it. i dont think i'll be taking her out anytime soon but if she goes then i wont mind too much either. if she enjoys well, if she doesnt then we can always leave the hall. But yes i will be censoring big time on which movie she watches(at least till she is young enough to accept it!) I do that even with the tv programs even to the places i go! no horror movie while kid is in that room, no violence and no intimate scenes.

2 people like this.
  9. ds0612

ds0612 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I am not a fan of taking kids to movie theatres which are full of violence. In fact i did not take my son to any movie theatre till he turned 4. And since then only kids movies. I remember I got affected by watching a movie when i was a kid....so dont want to repeat it.

10. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

i have a 4.5 year old and haven't taken her to even a single movie so far.. am not a movie person either..
    but she sees movies at home when we watch in the regional channels..