Do pregnant women really get attention?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Godschild, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Re: Do pregnant woman really get attention?

The same thought flashes across my mind every time something inhuman happens.
    You know what a friend of mine did when nobody offered her a seat in a MTC bus. She feigned that she wanted to throw up and she was immediately offered a seat, that too by on the men's side. The ladies still did not budge.

Exactly!!

Hey even i wish we had the PM facility.
    I just wish that in the coming days we don't face anything that makes us vent out in this thread.

2. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Godschild, congrats for your news and lemme help you out on it.
    I was at home and no energy to even move around hence public invconvinieces were avoided, more and more from relatives however once the child comes to hand whatever and however it is, its your angel.

This is a fast paced world and people care for only THEMSELVES & their priorities, your pregnancy, infant or marriage is a reason of celebration for you and not them hence they're really not bothered but being their regular self and in a super hurry missing on their basic mannerisms... infact I feel that non-mannerism is in fad.

Your safety is in your hand, a lot of my preggo colleagues used to come in private taxis daily.. however I did see quite a few in locals and volvo, infact when I offered a seat to one of the preggo lady.. and told her that hey you should speak, she said its a daily affair and many people dont like it, I felt sad but then realised.. who would want to give up their seat and stand for 2 hrs to reach the office. I was dead tired and next day onwards never remained in the front of the bus as I couldn't keep my eyes closed to a preggo lady.

Hence moral is.. once you give attention to your new status others will pitch in, if you continue to battle in the crowd... they'll treat you regular.

3. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Thanks Shilpa!!

I agree.
    Guess pregnant women must pamper themselves.

4. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Re: Do pregnant woman really get attention?

Hi GodsChild,

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! Don't listen other's negative and foolish words and activities. Think positively. Eat well. take care .

5. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Ooviya,

Thank you!! :)
    Yes i usually do turn a deaf ear to negavtive comments.
    But with changing hormones at times i do get emotional and frustrated.

6. Muskaan7

Muskaan7 Senior IL'ite

Dear Godschild,

I would like to share my positive experience here..

When I fell pregnant in 2007 (seems like such a long way off now), of course we are living by ourselves here - parents and inlaws are in India. The first people to come to know were my workmates. Parents of course were happy but told me not to tell anyone before three months. However, due to the constant nausea/vomiting, couldnt hide it from workmates.

Everyone took very good care of me, they wouldnt let me lift even a small box and were constantly looking out for me. I work at a hospital and we have the same patients who come in thrice a week for dialysis. They all would always enquire how I was feeling and what I felt like eating and some would even take the trouble to make things for me. I felt so blessed really! If I had to take the bus, people would always get up for me and give me their seats. Strangers on the road would ask me how far along I was and wish me well.

After my son was born, I really missed all that hahaha.

7. barbies

barbies Senior IL'ite

Glad to know u were all pampered and those who were not, just pamper yourself ! I have no one to pamper me other than my hus. He has been more in and out of kitchen and all cleaning since we came to know of it. so I'm happy..I'm still hungering for moreeee pampering, not sure why?

8. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hai all,

I'm 21 week pregnant and my most positive experiences come from my mom's house:bowdown

I'm a house wife now so no experience with the outside world.

My Mil wants me to do all bending and stretching work right from the day one i tested my pregnancy positive which she feels would pave way for normal delivery. She wants me to lift her suitcase and undust the house.

The worst situation i faced was when i was pregnant for the first time but it was a missed abortion then. I was bleeding very badly but she refused to take me to the doctor :rantwhen my parents were out of station.

9. rv8

rv8 Gold IL'ite

Dear GC,

It is really sad to know that people turn blind and deaf to pregnant ladies...

While you are talking about relatives, strangers not seeing their responsibility towards a pregnant woman, let me quote an example of a doctor who showed such an attitude towards me.. During my first pregnancy, which was a miscarriage, I was rushed to the hospital while I was bleeding heavily. The duty doctor (a lady) who attended me, asked what did I do. I said, we just went out for a while in car and came back home. You know what? She started screaming at me, on the top of her voice, much to my embarrasment ' I don't know what you guys think.. you are all loafers... Roaming on the roads.. If you do like this, how will the baby stay?'

I was like WTF???!!! This time my Gynaec here told me when I went for the first scan.. 'See, we cant do anything about miscarriages in first trimester.. But it is not going to happen because you walked or jumped or did exercise.. The baby will stay no matter how hard you work, IF IT HAS TO STAY..'

Sorry if I am bit tangent to the title, just wanted to vent out those long suppressed feelings!! On the other hand, Hubby pie is pampering me a lot.. And I am just feeling like a queen.. :coffee

We cant change people's attitude, but we can do one thing, just turn deaf during pregnancy.. Prepare ourselves for SELECTIVE HEARING.. I often do that, when I dont want to hear something I dont want to :rotfl

10. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Hi Muskaan,

Thanks for sharing your positive experience :)

Hi barbies,

I can understand your hunger for more pampering ;-)
    Glad to know that your DH's very supportive.