1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do mothers stop loving their sons after he marries????

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by shobhamumbaikar, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Khushi78

Khushi78 Silver IL'ite

I can visualize the drama of depression and falling ill. Sleeping for whole day not taking food not coming out of the room not taking medicines etc and worst part rambling blabbering badbadbadbad(hindi).
    As you need to keep the drama to the minimum and its very difficult to be spontaneous so with H dont say anything to him in front of the ILs. message him, text him or tell him things when u both are at work.
    Its very difficult to have fights or arguments everyday. Cant you find a middle path kind of like H eats portion of dinner early and for formality sake eat may be a bowl of rice and milk with ILS. In between he can have a walk also n come.
    Also daily drama is enough stress inducer so may be u all can allot 2 days to eating with them and rest of the days eat early. You objective is to minimize drama to minimum and keep hubby health safe. Also eating late is not good for your IL who may be 60+. Take print outs from google newspapers health magazines about the health benefits of eating early. read them out loud when they are around as if taunting them.Keep them at places where they can read them.
    But I must say strange are the ways of all ILs. :confused2:

2 people like this.
  2. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

Just say MIL go ahead and order yours. Please don't wait for us to order. Say it politely, and out of concern for her. If she retorts, she is the drama-creator, don't worry about it. Your husband will see she is in the wrong.

Your husband does refuse sometimes. That is a good sign. Can you try to figure out which behavior he objects to? Try portraying all of MIL's drama in those terms to him. I think he is concerned about MIL not giving space to your relationship as husband and wife. Say you miss your husband, you hardly get to spend time together, and there is too much stress at home. Convince him to take you out sometimes for alone time, away from home, and drama. I think it will be good for both of you. Take your child with you as I think MIL will resent looking after him/her. Any subsequent drama should be met with - We are planning an outing for you tomorrow. DH wanted to check the place out first. Or you can say you went for grocery or simply as you wanted some time together, as life has been a little hectic lately (hint to MIL to calm the drama) depending on the situation.

As for her pretending to be sick and depressed, just pretend to be concerned. Do some KSPB seva for MIL, or order some soup or show you care by some other method. Offer to take her to the doctor, tuck her in bed. Use these occasions to enjoy some family time. Use her pretence of illness to your advantage.

Don't go out of your way to make MIL comfortable. Let her help.