1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do "Looks" really matter in a marriage?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by anika987, Jul 13, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

In my old post "qualities men like about their wives" many mentioned "looks" to be an important criteria.

I questioned my dh and he said looks are not so important but a good nature is.I asked him"If I put on weight, wear ordinary clothes and not care about looks,would u like it?" For that he replied" More than looks healthy weight and dressing well is most important!".

So I was thinking maybe he does not care much about looks. I thought many men are like that..
    Do you really think the spouse cares about his wife's look?Coz to be quite honest..we have seen many couples and some of the women does not take care of her weight/looks nor a well dresser.Yet they appear to very happy.So why do people still think looks are important?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    1 person likes this.

2. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Men do care about the way their wives look. It may be surprising to hear that being slightly plump (more than 5 kg than one's maximum allowed weight) is liked by many husbands.

But no husband likes a wife who puts on weight to the tune of 20 kg more than her maximum allowed weight. That much of obesity is a big 'no, no' and a definite turn-off.

4 people like this.
  3. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

I think looks do matter. Of course, a person's good nature plays a very important role in a relationship, but yeah good looks make you feel more confident and its always a good feeling to be well-groomed...not only for your spouse but for your own self as well. That's my opinion!

3 people like this.
  4. panda2014

panda2014 Silver IL'ite

You need to look good for yourself since it raises your esteem and not please others . In that we will always work on looking gud.

2 people like this.
  5. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

MY DH scold me if I say " SEE, I am not looking good in this dress " or if I Say " I have become fat and lost my beauty"... He says first learn to appreciate yourself.........

No need to be too conscience u are not going for some modeling...... So better stay healthy and don't focus on beauty....

3 people like this.
  6. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

POint Blank >>>>>Yes Looks do matter

1 person likes this.
  7. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Do anyone can forgive his wife in these matters because of her beauty

Bad cook
    Neat less
    Uncaring
    Moral-less
    Irritating
    Disrespectful manners

Which one do men select beauty or character???

1 person likes this.
  8. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Most men forgive their wife and give importance to wife if they are god looking.

9. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Looks matter initially. But after you know a person, the looks and the character merge into one and its the person underneath, who is visible and things tilt towards the strength of character. Look at this person:

http://tamil.theunrealtimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/srikanth-deva.jpg

He is tamil music director Srikanth Deva. My first impression was, he looks really bad. But I heard him talk in a few interviews and the person within him shined. He is such a lively, warm and vibrant person. I forgot how he looked and I always have warm feelings when I look to him.

Okay, I am a martian and am attracted to venushians. However, I had to give the above example, to make a point. Instead of spending my life with some of the not good characters yet beautiful people, give me not pretty but awesome character anyday.

In short, whether you look good or not, be an awesome person and you will be loved by all.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  10. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Good looks always help a woman whether to secure a job/get a good groom-it will NEVER CHANGE!!!Itshow we evolved-its called Survival Of the Fittest-
    Why people are still crazy about Aishwarya Rai/Madhuri Dixit-their brains/acting NAY!!!!

2 people like this.