Do Kids Hate India Vacations?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Aug 28, 2019.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Many know how much I miss India and my vacations to India are always needed to give me a breather..

I stay there for one and half months every time and this time my mother in-law got frustrated as she could not tolerate my active child.She says she is getting tired and why you bring your child to India every time and the child also gets hyper.she also comments that am coming for my enjoyment and going out with friends.

Most of My relatives also make comments as why I come to India for so long.

Recently my co-sister who also goes to India every time,Infact brought a property there but whines how much she dislikes her vacation made a sharp comment saying that I should not live in America and should leave to India and how come people are enjoying their vacations she hardly knows..

Few things..

1) I can’t even bluntly say I like India visits coz I can’t come back permanently for various reasons.

2) My mil hates me going out with my friends when she herself goes with her friends even out of station.

3) co-sister cribs as to why I go to India when I don’t understand why is it her problem

4) one of my uncle has a daughter who does not have freedom to come to India often due to in-laws pressure and he hates me enjoying the vacations and is rude to my face.

4)All comment that kids are supposed to enjoy summers only in America and none visit India like me every year.How true is that?

What’s wrong in liking India vacations and meeting my friends there?
    My husband is very supportive and he says I can go every year for two or three weeks which is more than enough for me.Until now,my kid also enjoys there and I make sure to take her to various places.Plus hubby says he will be there with her me all three weeks so no worries.

My question is as other people say..do kids have India trips and they can’t even tolerate two weeks?

I just want to go as long as I can.My child loves my mom and my brother a lot.I miss them.

nuss likes this.

2. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

If your husband support u and your parents siblings welcome u, you should not bother about other people. Other people are jealous about you.

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Yes,I can clearly see that.Infact,I take my mil to all the small vacation trips within India and still she laments about me and comments about me going out.

It is so annoying and am not handling their comments very well.

If I don’t react,they taunt.

I reacted bluntly this time and they are all ganging up.

Hubby says I should not react.Just act as though I accept what they are saying and stay quiet so that they can’t talk more.Then keep doing what I want.This is so tough..

4. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

you cannot avoid . sorry to hear that. some people are just so unhappy inside, they just don;t want others to be happy. it is just like some people who are overweight and can afford a gym and trainer and most important time, are still jealous of others who do not do that much but still take care of their bodies in an economical way.

do not react is not good. do react. because if you hold that negative energy inside, you will show on your hubby and kids, it has come out someway. but react in a smart way cannot explain that but you know how street smart replies some give.

anika987 likes this.
  5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Why are you so concerned about what people say? Don't stay with your in-laws if they are unpleasant. There are plenty of nice accommodations in every major city.

6. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Does your MIL look after the kids when you are out with friends?
    The rule is don’t overstay your welcome ( even at your parents or in laws place).

sweetsmiley, lavani and anika987 like this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Hmm I stay only three days at mil place..
    Mom’s place little extra..

My mom helps me with my child when I go for lunch or movie.which is just twice in a vacation

8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Yeah I have heard of service apartments?Is that what you are taking about?Are there service apartments with kids play area too?

9. SinghManisha

I am missing something, why is MIL complaining then ?

anika987 likes this.
  10. SinghManisha

Service apartments that I have lived have been regular apartments , just well furnished. They do not necessarily have a play area.

anika987 likes this.